Songs are written about it. Stories revolve around it. Life necessitates it. The old saying, "you are what you eat," is true and communities can be defined by their food.
Franklin, TN (PRWEB) August 09, 2011
From the weird and wacky RC and Moonpie Festival to the elegant Oregon Truffle Festival, food is the main ingredient at these community-wide festivals that bring together favorite foods and local culture.
Songs are written about it. Stories revolve around it. Life necessitates it. The old saying, "you are what you eat," is true and communities can be defined by their food. Whether it's comfort food from the heart of the South or a chili kick from Colorado, food can turn a small town into a tourist destination or earn a big city high praise. Here is a menu of the Top 10 Food Festivals:
Livability.com’s Top 10 Food Festivals
1. Biscuit Festival – Knoxville, TN
2. Loaf 'N Jug Chile & Frijoles Festival – Pueblo, CO
3. Dudie Burger Festival – Tupelo, MS
4. Barbecue Festival – Lexington, NC
5. RC and Moonpie Festival – Bell Buckle, TN
6. Happy Harry’s RibFest – Fargo, ND
7. Soul Food Cook-Off – Muskogee, OK
8. Gingerbread House Festival – Provo, UT
9. Oregon Truffle Festival – Eugene, OR
10. Tomato Festival – Newark, OH
More details about each festival and host city are available online at http://www.livability.com.
The best places to live aren't always the biggest ones. You won't find New York City, Chicago or San Francisco on Livability.com. We're all about the great places in between the big cities. The staff of Livability has spent more than 20 years finding the good stuff in small to mid-sized communities all across America. The result? A resource of more than 500 of America's best places to live, work, play, explore and belong.