Medina, MN (PRWEB) August 30, 2011
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware has redefined industry standards for Library Ladder Systems with the introduction of several system kits and components today. The launch includes complete Step Bracket Kits, Wheeled Housing Assemblies, Hook Brackets, matching sections of Track, and many other intregal parts needed to build a custom library ladder system.
"Nothing on the market comes close to this quality or look," said Steve Krohmer, Vice President of product development. "We've combined a classic design with durable materials to build a system that not only looks great, it's also affordable and easy to maneuver."
Included with the Library Ladder Kit is a complete step-by-step plan that simplifies the building of a 7-, 8-, or 9-step ladder and system assembly. Once complete, the ladder makes it possible to reach the highest of shelves in a library, closet, garage, or other out-of-reach spaces. Lightweight but durable, the ladder glides effortlessly across wood flooring, ceramic tiles, or low pile carpet using two 4" diameter, easy-glide wheel housings. Components also include hook bracket assemblies that incorporate a unique design which allows the ladder to slide from one end to the other. When not in use, the ladder may be moved closer to the wall or easily lifted off the track for storage.
Krohmer says, "Rockler's new hardware, with its seamless construction and premium black satin finish, is an attractive departure from unwieldly, heavy, and expensive, weld-and-grind designs. Our customers have discerning tastes so we chose an aesthetic diecast process for its sleek lines and smooth finish."
Krohmer adds, "And in order to keep the weight of the ladder down, making it easy to move or store, we use a superior blend of aluminum to build the wheel assemblies. The wheel housings
have a high-level of structural integrity, despite weighing three times less than steel."
The new collection is available as a kit or in individual components:
- Ladder Hardware Kits in 7-, 8-, and 9-step configurations include: two wheel housing assemblies, two hook bracket assemblies, step rods with cap nuts (one for every step), all fastening hardware, a ladder plan and a comprehensive step-by-step assembly instruction manual. Starting at $399.99 retail.
- Track Kits in three sizes include 6' cut-to-fit steel track (one for 6', two for 12', three for 18') and track brackets (three for 6', six for 12', nine for 18'). Starting at $93.99 retail.
- Step Bracket Kits include step brackets and hardware (14 for a 7-step set, 16 for an 8-step set, 18 for a 9-step set). Starting at $74.99 retail.
- 6' Track (42118, $69.99 retail)
- Track Bracket (42120, $8.00 retail)
- Step Rod and Cap Nut (42130, $10.00 retail)
- Step Brackets (42124, $11.00 retail)
- Track Union (42122, $7.00 retail)
- Track End Cap (42121, $12.99 retail)
All Library Ladder System kits and components are available at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware stores nationwide, Rockler's independent resellers, Rockler.com, or in the Rockler catalog. For store locations or a free catalog, please visit http://www.rockler.com or call 1-877-ROCKLER.
Note: Hi-resolution images and text to go along with this news release are available for download
About Rockler Woodworking and Hardware:
Celebrating its 56th anniversary as a family-run business, Rockler Woodworking and Hardware is the nation’s premier supplier of specialty hardware, tools, lumber and other high quality woodworking products. Rockler has 29 retail locations in AZ, CA, CO, GA, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, MO, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, WA, and WI – plus 60 independent reseller locations nationwide, as well as extensive catalog and internet operations.