"WatchMojo will remain the umbrella brand that houses all of the content and editions. But with such a rich existing catalog and increasing reach, it makes sense to expand globally and offer deeper vertical & local editions", Ash Karbasfrooshan
Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) January 31, 2012
Since 2006, WatchMojo has created one of the largest libraries of professionally-produced, premium videos on the people, places and events that have shaped the world. As the Montreal-based media company celebrates its six year anniversary, it is now adding a new layer of local programming in different cities around the globe that will feature the trendsetting tastemakers who inspire and influence the worlds of fashion, entertainment, lifestyle, food, and everything else the company has covered across its catalog of seven thousand-plus videos since 2006.
“When people ask about the origins of our brand WatchMojo, we remind them that ‘mojo’ has a double meaning: the first meaning – of course – has a connotation of charisma and success; that reflects the videos we’ve created until now on successful people, popular places and newsworthy events. But the other meaning stands for mobile journalism; that’s been part of the more long-term strategy, in pre-production now and which we plan on launching later this year,” explains company CEO Ashkan Karbasfrooshan.
Combined with a portfolio of 500-plus URLs including NewYorkMojo.com, ParisMojo.com, MelbourneMojo.com, BarcelonaMojo.com, TokyoMojo.com, etc., WatchMojo is planning on unleashing a barrage of local editions around the world, to augment the content it has been producing and to boost the brand it has been building since 2006.
“Obviously, WatchMojo will remain the umbrella brand that houses all of the content and editions. But with such a rich existing catalog and increasing reach, it makes sense to expand globally and offer deeper vertical and local editions,” adds Karbasfrooshan.
After translating some of its existing content throughout 2011, WatchMojo will expand through a mix of creation, curation and aggregation:
- Create new content by undertaking a virtual casting call to grow its roster of researchers, producers, hosts, videographers and editors;
- Curate local content by partnering with producers who are already covering local events and are looking for additional distribution opportunities across WatchMojo’s multi-platform reach;
- Aggregate local content from existing partners such as Hulu, Grab Networks and 5Min, while adding data from Twitter, Foursquare, Yelp and other local-centric platforms.
The company will be announcing partnerships with new distributors and advertisers along with special initiatives to cover the roll-out across the world in the months to come.
Throughout 2011 alone:
- Online, WatchMojo generated 100 million in-stream, true pre-roll video views and another 365 in-banner video impressions for nearly 500 million total video views;
- In OOH, or Out Of Home, WatchMojo’s reach of 40 million consumers per month in the U.S. generated over one billion impressions;
- In mobile, WatchMojo was generating millions of views per month through various partnerships with carriers and aggregators, as well as on its html5-ready WatchMojo.com property;
- On OTT, or Over The Top Connected Devices, WatchMojo launched apps on Google TV, Western Digital, Roku, Boxee,
WatchMojo was founded in 2006 by Ashkan Karbasfrooshan and has emerged as one of the most industrious and polished video content creators with a catalog of seven thousand videos on lifestyle, entertainment and knowledge. The company’s pop culture and infotainment videos are carried on portals including Yahoo!, MSN and AOL, as well as video destinations like YouTube, Hulu and many others.
Expanding its tentacles away from the Web and into mobile, out-of-home, over-the-top connected devices, WatchMojo also helps academic publishers teach global students how to learn English.
Today, WatchMojo reaches 50 million consumers per month across its many platforms and has served up 725 million views all-time.
WatchMojo helps you become more successful by covering the people, places and things that inform and entertain you socially, personally and professionally.
Supplying the world’s largest media properties, WatchMojo is a leading producer of professionally-produced, ad-friendly, premium videos covering Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health & Fitness, History, How To, Lifestyle, Music, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Urban Living, Technology, Travel and Video Games.
The company’s catalogue of seven thousand videos has generated 725 million video views since 2006.
Digiday picked WatchMojo alongside CBS and HBO as the three finalists in the Best Entertainment Category at the Digiday Video Awards. Marketing Magazine picked WatchMojo as one of Canada’s Digital Media Companies to Watch in its September 2011 issue.
Learn more on http://www.WatchMojo.com