By increasing the strength and speed of hip rotation in pitchers, the Somax Power Hip Trainer eliminates arm strain and increases control and velocity.
Tiburon, CA (PRWEB) October 30, 2012
Somax Performance Institute (web: swing-speed.com/pitching), the world leader in analyzing, measuring and improving pitching mechanics, has received reports from two professional pitchers that using the Somax Power Hip Trainer has eliminated stress and strain on their arm. Both Independent League pitchers also report a big increase in control with the Power Hip Trainer. One of them raised his strikes thrown from 40% to 70%. Both no longer need to ice their arm after a game.
A video showing a pitcher workout and speed and control increase can be seen at http://www.swing-speed.com/pitching
By providing resistance to hip rotation with its special, high tensile strength spring, the Somax Power Hip Trainer enables pitchers to effortlessly increase their pitch speed and reduce the stress on their arm.
"Inside every pitcher is a hidden speed multiplier: the 10:1 ratio of the 3” distance of their hip joints to the center of their body, and the 30” distance of their hand to the center of their body,” says Bob Prichard, Director of Somax Performance Institute. "This means that any increase in hip speed will be multiplied 10 times at the ball. But since there is no natural resistance to hip rotation, the hip rotation muscles in most pitchers are very weak. The Somax Power Hip Trainer provides the resistance needed to increase the strength and speed of these muscles. The result is more pitch speed with less stress on the arm."
The Somax Power Hip Trainer is only $275 plus shipping, with a 30-day money-back guarantee and is available at
The Somax Power Hip Trainer details
- The Somax Power Hip Trainer is the only aerobic exercise machine to increase the strength and speed of hip rotation for baseball.
- The Somax Power Hip Trainer adds speed, but also improves control by transferring work of powering the ball from the small rotator cuff of the arm to the much larger hip rotator muscles, enabling the pitcher to use his arm primarily to control the ball.
- Pitchers who purchase the Somax Power Hip Trainer receive weekly helpful hints to get the most out of their new aerobic exercise machine.
- Athletes have also lost up to 4” off their waist in just two months working out with the Somax Power Hip Trainer
The Somax Power Hip Trainer construction
The Somax Power Hip Trainer is easy to set up and easy to store. It consists of
- A strong, non-slip steel base
- A large high-tensile strength steel spring that easily bends to accommodate lateral movement, but still provides resistance to hip rotation
- A steel connecting tube that adjusts for different heights
- A padded steel hip cinch with 2” wide nylon belt to adapt to different hip sizes.
- All parts are finished with baked-on black enamel paint for years of maintenance-free use.
- A DVD containing 26 drills for both right and left-handed pitchers.
- Pitchers receive weekly emails containing helpful hints to get the maximum increase in hip speed with their new Power Hip Trainer.
About Somax Performance Institute
Since 1970, the Somax Performance Institute has helped athletes of all ages improve their performance by improving their efficiency. Their 17 Olympic athletes have won 44 Gold Medals and have set 11 World Records. Their pro golfers have won the US Open as a rookie, improved their putting from #113 to #1, quadrupled their tour income and increased their longest drive from 295 to 400. Their baseball players have increased their salary from $500,000 to $1.75 million after increasing their bases stolen, increased their long ball from 400 to 480, increased their velocity and strikes thrown, and reduced their 40-yard time from 4.9 to 4.27.
Somax Performance Institute