Following these simple steps should help you gain the most from your pay per click campaign during the festive season.
(PRWEB UK) 20 November 2012
Research published on Econsultancy shows that half of all online Christmas sales transaction are now driven by search engine advertising, with UK retailers enjoying a return on PPC spend of £13.21 in 2011. In order to maximise a pay per click campaign this Christmas there are some simple steps to follow.
- Make sure you are ready to go on Mondays – the Kenshoo Online Retail Insights report shows that Mondays are the most popular day for e-commerce sales. Last year ‘Cyber Monday’ took place on Monday 28th November 2011 and saw the biggest sales for online shopping for the whole year.
- Remember the last minute shoppers – in 2011 there was a 74 percent increase in online sales in the week just before Christmas. In order to run your pay per click campaign right up unto Christmas you need to reserve some budget. This is particularly important for shops offering to reserve items online and collect in store.
- Don’t neglect the mobile market – Studies show that last year alone 11 percent of PPC clicks were generated by mobile and 10 percent by tablet users.
- Suss out the competition and be innovative – all of your competitors will be fighting for the same customer, so making your campaign unique and eye catching is vital.
- After Christmas is just as busy as before – 66 percent of UK transactions in the last two weeks of December were made through pay per click advertising and had conversion rates of 50 percent. This demonstrates how important the ‘sale’ market is and the need to maintain your pay per click campaign after Christmas too.
Following these simple steps should help you gain the most from your pay per click campaign during the festive season. Remember, if you feel you are lacking in any of the above tips, it is still possible to implement them in the coming weeks in order to gain the most from your pay per click campaign.
SEO.org.uk brings effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.