(PRWEB) November 20, 2012
MRI Software, a leading investment and property management software solutions provider, continues to expand its community outreach in 2012 through increased collaboration with local organizations and charities.
“As a global leader of property management software, we know the importance of giving back to our community.” said Sarah Jialanella, Human Resources Manager at MRI Software. “Over the past six months, MRI has increased its outreach services significantly to help strengthen our local communities and connect with community members.”
Over the past six months, MRI Software has increased its outreach and participation in these charitable programs:
- Kidney Walk for the National Kidney Foundation: A three to five mile route where participants walk individually or as a team to raise money for kidney research, education, and services. This past July, MRI team members supported this cause by raising nearly $4,000.
- Community Supported Agriculture: Provides local and seasonal food to members of this program, directly from the local farms. This opportunity gave 62 MRI members a box of fresh vegetables each week, not only promoting healthy lifestyles and new recipes for MRI members, but also helping the Geauga County Famers by allowing them to market their produce and receive payments earlier in the season.
- Stuff the Bus: An annual event in Cleveland that collects school supplies for the Cleveland Kids In Need Resource Center. MRI Software associates did their part by collectively filling 17 book bags with school supplies.
- Cleveland Foodbank’s Harvest for Hunger: The Cleveland Foodbank collects and distributes critical resources to local hunger relief organizations in 21 counties of Northeast and North Central Ohio. Through their Harvest for Hunger program, donations, like MRI’s 320lbs worth of food brought in from team members, are redistributed to local communities and community members in need. Additionally, MRI raised $1,400 for the program, which the Cleveland Foodbank can use to provide 5,600 nutritious meals for those in need
- Think Pink! with the Susan G. Koman Foundation for the Cure: MRI employees made donations to help fund research and patient services by donating money to dress down and wear pink.
- Operation Gratitude Halloween Candy Drive: Operation Gratitude annually sends 100,000 care packages filled with snacks, entertainment items and personal letters of appreciation addressed to individually named U.S. Service Members deployed in hostile regions, to their children left behind, and to wounded warriors, veterans, and first responders. MRI teamed up with this organization and collected over 20lbs of unused bags of candy from Halloween that will be donated to our U.S. Service Members.
- Movember: Currently, through the month of November, MRI members are growing out their moustaches to help raise awareness and funds for testicular and prostate cancer research. Banding together on a corporate team, these mustachioed MRI members have already fundraised over $600 and are still growing strong.
Coming up, MRI will be hosting a “giving tree” where staff will be able to donate needed items such as clothes, toys, or even a gift card to local families in need this holiday season. As the new year approaches, MRI Software looks forward to increasing these charitable efforts in 2013.
About MRI Software
MRI offers business management software solutions to the global property management and investment industries. As a leading provider of real estate enterprise software applications and hosted solutions, MRI serves the global multifamily and commercial property industries, helping them improve their bottom line and maximize their returns on their diverse business portfolios. MRI leverages its more than 40 years in business to develop long-term successful relationships with its clients. For more information, please visit http://www.mrisoftware.com.