Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 29, 2012
The FDA continues to approve therapies for various cancers, many of which are coming to market with price tags north of $100,000 per person per year. And with literally hundreds of oncolytic drugs in the pharma pipeline, oncology drugs are quickly becoming the biggest driver of specialty drug spending. In “Effective Oncology Management Strategies for Payers,” a Dec. 10 webinar sponsored by Atlantic Information Services, three industry leaders will discuss the specifics of their recent experiences with oncology drug management.
An effective oncology management strategy should utilize an evidence-based approach that considers first the effectiveness and safety of the drug and then, all things being equal, its cost. In three presentations from Beckie Fenrick, a consultant who leads the pharmacy practice at the Cambridge Advisory Group, Sean Karbowicz, manager of clinical pharmacy services for RegenceRx, and Rick Miller, the director or specialty clinical services at Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy, and a concluding question-and-answer session, webinar attendees can expect answers to the following questions:
- What are the major cost drivers in oncology and how do they impact payer budgets? What can companies do to mitigate the impact without compromising outcomes?
- What are the key future trends within oncology that should be monitored? How can your organization prepare for them?
- How can plans apply evidence-based medicine to manage oncology therapies? What have been the outcomes?
- What data should health plans consider when determining opportunities to manage oncology drugs?
- How can payers implement a cycle management program? What kinds of drugs may be appropriate for this approach and why?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p47_121012 for more details and registration information on “Effective Oncology Management Strategies for Payers.”
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.