Bellevue, Wash. (PRWEB) February 08, 2012
The transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 represents one of the most significant and far-reaching initiatives undertaken by the U.S. healthcare system in more than 30 years. Next week, Edifecs is hosting the ICD-10 Summit, which will bring together industry experts from across the country who will offer insight, share experiences and discuss best practices for transitioning to ICD-10.
WHAT: The ICD-10 Summit will feature highly interactive sessions and presentations, including real-world case studies showcasing the latest trends in ICD-10 testing and problem solving. The conference will offer attendees fresh ideas and proven strategies for ICD-10 migration success. With payers, providers and industry analysts in attendance, it will serve as a forum for understanding how ICD-10 will impact and support the entire healthcare lifecycle.
WHEN: February 15-17, 2012 – Resort at Marina Village, Cape Coral, Florida
WHO: Featured speakers include:
- Florentino Buendia, Provider Contract Director, WellPoint, Inc.
- Christi Dant, M.P.M., Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Michael Fierro, Director for External Partner/Subsidiary Readiness & Advocacy, WellPoint, Inc.
- Alan Gabriola, Health Plan Director, Deloitte LLP
- Sid Hebert, ICD-10 Program Manager, Humana, Inc.
- Gail Hicks, HIPAA Program Director, BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina
- Scott Hightower, Director of e-Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- Christina Lucero, Principal Analyst, Gartner, Inc.
- Anette Melda, ICD-10 Program Manager, Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Patrick Murta, Enterprise Architect, Humana, Inc.
- Joe Nichols, M.D., Principal, Health Data Consulting LLC
- Lyman Sornberger, Executive Director, Revenue Cycle Management, Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Dennis Winkler, Technical Director of Program Management, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Janice Young, Program Director, IDC Health Insights
Edifecs, a provider of healthcare software solutions, including one for ICD-10, is hosting the Summit. “We are delighted to bring together a prestigious group of industry experts to connect, discover and help one another as we approach the ICD-10 transition,” said Sunny Singh, CEO of Edifecs. “Within this mandate lies a great opportunity for payers and providers to enhance administrative processes while improving overall health care performance; Edifecs is excited to be in the trenches, supporting the industry as it works to fully realize this goal.”
About Edifecs, Inc.
An industry leader since 1996, Edifecs provides healthcare software solutions that improve operational performance by streamlining the exchange of information among health plans, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations, while enabling compliance with current mandates such as HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10.
Today, more than 250 healthcare customers use Edifecs technology to unify transactions from any information channel source and input mechanism, while automating manual business processes such as enrollment, claims and payments management.
Edifecs is currently recognized as one of the 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the state of Washington, 100 Best Places to Work in the state of Washington, an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company and one of the 500 Fastest Growing Companies in North America by Deloitte. Edifecs is headquartered in Bellevue, WA. For more information, please visit http://www.edifecs.com.