New York, NY (PRWEB) March 31, 2012
The first-ever TEDxWallStreet was hosted today at the New York Stock Exchange. TEDxWallStreet is an independently organized TED event that was conceived to provide a single platform and a global stage for the brightest, most inspiring minds in and around the Wall Street community. The half-day conference focused on ‘Redefining Success’ in a challenging world. Carbon Members were in attendance with leaders and entrepreneurs from various industries to share innovative and compelling ideas.
At the closing of the markets, TEDxWallStreet Organizers, Jonathan Ende and Eva Szymanski, were on-hand along with some of the day’s Conference Speakers and Sponsors to ring the closing bell.
Speakers at the TEDxWallStreet Conference included:
- Alexa von Tobel, Founder and CEO of LearnVest
- David S. Rose, CEO of Gust
- Don Tapscott, Best-Selling Author, most recently of MacroWikinomics
- Doug Dachille, Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer of First Principles Capital Management
- Jeff Hoffman, Founder of ColorJar and Former CEO of Enable Holdings
- Jeff Stewart, Founder and CEO of Lenddo
- Jim Cramer, Host of CNBC’s Mad Money
- Matt Gould and Griffin Matthews, Creators and Performers of Witness Uganda: The Musical, Winner of the 2012 Richard Rodgers Award for Musical Theater
- Michelle Rhee, Founder and CEO of StudentsFirst
- Rahaf Harfoush, Digital Strategist and Author of Yes We Did
- Scott Shay, Chairman of the Board of Signature Bank
- Sergio Fernandez de Cordova, Founder of Fuel Outdoor
WL Ross & Co. is the event’s Lead Sponsor. A reception following the TEDxWallStreet event will be sponsored by Yahoo! Finance. The IDEA Lounge sponsor is Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP, and the Technology and Website sponsor is Experience-Interaction. In addition to Carbon NYC, sponsors include Pink powered by Moss Inc., FTI Consulting, International Print Group, Stonegate Capital Partners, The Hybrid Group, Gar Wood Securities LLC, e2 Marketing, propNspoon, The OTC Space, The Financial Services Club, Paradigm Capital Group, Opalesque, Hedge Fund Association, and Covestor Ltd.
TEDxWallStreet was live streamed online and all of the talks will be available for the greater TEDx audience consisting of millions around the world.
To learn more about this event, please visit http://www.tedxwallstreet.com
Carbon is a New York based invitation-only social network of international business leaders. Criteria for Membership are outstanding professional achievement and a demonstrated passion for non-work related pursuits, including the arts, philanthropy, technology, sports and leisure. The foundation of Carbon Membership is integrity and a commitment to actively participate in events and support other members professionally and personally. Carbon events give Members unique access to the best that New York City has to offer, while fostering personal and business relationships.
For inquiries, please contact: