Denver, CO (PRWEB) June 26, 2012
Pearson today announced the upcoming release of EQUELLA 5.2 (QA 2), the latest version of the digital repository that enables users to search, create and manage content online. This release of EQUELLA introduces advanced integration capabilities with Moodle 2.3, the latest version of the popular learning management system, which has been released.
The enhanced EQUELLA and Moodle integration enables instructors within the Moodle community to select EQUELLA content and populate it into their course without ever leaving the Moodle application.
“It's exciting to see the potential of Moodle's features for repository integration finally become realized. This joint collaboration between developers from Moodle and EQUELLA has produced a best-of-breed integration that strengthens the capabilities of both platforms,” said Martin Dougiamas, Executive Director of Moodle.
“Unified design and code changes to both EQUELLA and Moodle platforms have strengthened and streamlined the integration, delivering more functionality with fewer clicks. Our on-going collaboration demonstrates both Moodle and Pearson’s commitment to open system interoperability,” said Simon Wilkinson, EQUELLA Director of Product Management, Pearson.
Further enhancements to the integration include:
· Simplified search functionality that retains previous searches for ease-of-use
· Extension of the filtering and sorting capabilities within the file picker, which are now shown in drop-down menus within the same page view
· Direct access to the repository’s media content including: streaming media, SCORM and IMS packages, zipped web pages, and other complex learning objects from within Moodle
· New way of referencing internal and external content in Moodle, similar to an “alias” or a “shortcut” on traditional operating systems
· Introduction of bulk update, which enables a single piece of content to appear in multiple places throughout Moodle courses, and all be updated simply by updating the original content
· Simplified set-up, with EQUELLA integration code bundled within the Moodle 2.3 release
Martin Dougiamas and Simon Wilkinson will jointly present the enhanced EQUELLA and Moodle integration at MoodleMoot AU 2012, in Queensland, Australia on Monday, July 2. For further information, please visit http://moodlemoot.org.au/.
To see a demonstration of the EQUELLA enhancements, visit: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=M8InoAszV4M.
Moodle is a software package for producing Internet-based courses and web sites. It is a global development project designed to support a social constructionist framework of education.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global reach and market-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO). The company provides innovative print and digital education materials, including personalized learning programs such as MyLab/Mastering; educational services including custom publishing; and content-independent platforms including the EQUELLA digital repository and Pearson LearningStudio online learning platform.
Media contact: Susan Aspey, susan.aspey (at) pearson (dot) com