Waltham, MA (PRWEB) August 14, 2012
Plataine, a leading provider of production optimization solutions for the furniture, boat-building and recreational vehicle industries, announces the General Availability release of WoodOptimizer™ v8.0, as part of Plataine’s Total Production Optimization solution suite.
TPO WoodOptimizer v8.0 Feature Highlights include:
1. Improved user experience and user interface, including advanced filters and search capabilities, upgraded kits editor, user control of skins and tabs, and placement of filler parts in usable remnants.
2. Enhanced nesting and cut-path optimization capabilities, including more efficient algorithms, optimal use of filler parts, as well as automatic tabbing and tab-removal options to allow even higher material yields in low-vacuum machine environments.
3. Improved system performance, including parallel processing of work-orders, increased scalability for mass production environments, and full support of cloud computing for algorithmic learning.
4. Revamped integration with SolidWorks, with improved performance and an expanded range of supported design and geometrical features.
"WoodOptimizer v8.0 brings our customers the tools to become even more efficient and competitive in a highly demanding market,” said Avner Ben-Bassat, Plataine's President & CEO. “This release further sets WoodOptimizer apart from the rest of the pack, and serves as a strong testament to our ongoing commitment to the industries we serve and our customers."
Plataine will continue to offer the WoodOptimizer package on a subscription basis (Software-as-a-Service, or SaaS), enabling customers of all sizes and production volumes access to WoodOptimizer’s benefits with minimal upfront costs and through periodic payments that are easily justified with the system’s ongoing savings.
All eligible Plataine customers will be updated to the new release, according to Plataine’s upgrade schedule and in coordination with each plant.
Plataine’s Total Production Optimization (TPO) solution suite seamlessly bridges the gap between Customer, Manufacturing and Engineering requirements. TPO integrates data from the ERP’s order management and inventory warehouse modules, CAD software, and production-floor systems to automatically create optimized production plans. Plataine's patent pending technology is used by FDM 300’s top upholstery manufacturers.
TPO WoodOptimizer™ is part of Plataine’s fully integrated Total Production Optimization (TPO) suite of products, targeted to specifically address the challenges of plywood cutting optimization in multiple industries.
Other TPO applications include:
- TPO FabricOptimizer™- End-to-end solution for fabric cutting, through dynamic nesting, roll-picking and cut-planning optimization.
- TPO FoamOptimizer™- End-to-end Solution for dynamic foam nesting, higher material utilization, better inventory management, and increased foam-cutter throughput.
- TPO Production Scheduler - Automatically and optimally assigns work to the appropriate work centers and machines, provides manufacturing information to shop-floor stations and collects progress reports in real time.
- Management Dashboards and Reports - Provides both floor supervisors and executives with a wide range of production metrics in real-time, including machine status, planned vs. actual progress, machine utilization and more.
Plataine Inc. is a leading provider of production optimization software solutions for manufacturers of plywood frames, upholstery, foam products, composite parts and metal fabricators. Plataine’s production optimization solutions enable manufacturers to become more competitive by increasing material utilization, improving productivity and shortening manufacturing cycles to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers. Plataine’s solutions are used by hundreds of manufacturers worldwide, including Ashley Furniture, Basset Furniture, Century Furniture, Ethan Allen, Flexsteel, Haworth, Interstate Foam & Supply, Lazar Furniture and Steelcase. For more information, visit http://www.plataine.com or contact your local Plataine office.