Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 13, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of Drug Benefit News and Specialty Pharmacy News, is pleased to announce its Sept. 20 Webinar, “Improving Clinical and Financial Value Through Outcomes-Based Pharma Contracts.”
Outcomes-based contracts represent an innovative approach to benefit design that can maximize a payer’s drug spend. And the method is one that appeals to health plans and pharma manufacturers alike. Health plans, PBMs and specialty pharmacies can make sure a drug’s clinical benefit is well demonstrated through improved patient outcomes and that its cost is justified by the value it offers, which is especially important with high-cost specialty drugs. And outcomes-based contracts allow pharma companies to demonstrate the value of their drugs in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
On Sept. 20, experienced pharmaceutical industry executives Michael Jacobs, R.Ph., vice president of national accounts at Truveris, and Thom Stambaugh, R.Ph., senior vice president and chief clinical officer of Cigna Specialty Pharmacy Management, will detail effective approaches to implementing outcomes-based contracts. Among the questions they will address:
- What results has Cigna seen within its outcomes-based arrangements?
- What steps do payers need to take during the contracting process?
- How can outcomes be monitored and measured? What kinds of data are needed to ensure the success of outcomes-based contracts?
- How can health plans align incentives for all stakeholders — pharma companies, providers, individuals and their employers — in order to get them on board with outcomes-based contracting?
- What potential speed bumps could derail an outcomes-based contract? What steps can companies take to avoid them?
- How can outcomes-based contracts have an impact on formulary costs and total medication management costs?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2p30_092012 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.