Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 14, 2012
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, Health Plan Week, and AIS’s Health Reform Week, is pleased to announce its Sept. 25 webinar, “Individual Products & Private Exchanges: Health Plan Strategies to Keep Pace With the Changing Marketplace.” In a panel discussion, executives from Health Alliance Plan, UPMC Health Plan, and Connextions will outline the key issues and offer strategies on how to capitalize on the private insurance exchanges and the anticipated surge in individual products in a rapidly evolving health insurance market.
Some health insurers are already developing their own private insurance exchanges to capture marketshare from entities that won’t purchase coverage through a state-run or federally facilitated exchange — a market that could be enormous. UPMC Health Plan, for example, says eight vendors responded to a detailed request for proposal to build a private insurance exchange. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota recently partnered with a vendor to launch its own private exchange. Other carriers, such as Michigan-based Health Alliance Plan, are on the fence about whether to build their own or participate in a multicarrier exchange. But the company is taking a hard look at its individual products, and searching for new distribution channels and consumer-friendly branding.
On Sept. 25, Mary Ann Tournoux from Health Alliance Plan, John Mills from UPMC Health Plan, and Rob Panepinto from Connextions will provide insight on the following questions:
- Are private exchanges merely a defensive strategy or an important tactic to win real marketshare?
- What are the pros and cons for insurers of participating in multicarrier exchanges? What risks do they face for nonparticipation?
- What steps should small and regional carriers take to compete against multicarrier exchanges?
- What new strategies are insurers employing to add more of a retail focus to their individual products?
- How will HHS’s decision allowing Web-Based Entities to enroll members in state-based exchanges impact distribution strategies?
- Which private exchanges are the likeliest to become dominant market players?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c2r32_092512 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.