Gulf Coast Educators Insurance Launches New Property Insurance Website

Share Article

The new Property and Home Insurance Florida website provides valuable residential insurance resources, product information, and the ability to request an insurance quote.

Homeowners Insurance form, toy house and key

Homeowners Insurance

“We are excited to offer a special property only website that caters to just the home insurance niche."

The property insurance agents at Gulf Coast Educators Insurance in Naples, Florida recently launched their new website:

“We are excited to offer a special property only website that caters to just the home insurance niche. Insurance can be confusing so our goal is to provide a particular website for just homeowners insurance so we can better serve consumers,” says Ron DeFreitas owner/agent of Gulf Coast Educators Insurance.

DeFreitas also discloses: “Through our new website, consumers can educate themselves on the laws as it relates to property insurance in Florida. We provide useful information to address consumer’s questions and help them make better informed home insurance decisions. Additionally, we have an online insurance quote form so individuals can immediately request a Florida property insurance quote.”

On the new Property and Home Insurance Florida website, patrons can review the various types of residential insurance including homeowner, condominium, renters, and flood insurance. While Florida state law does not require homeowners insurance, for mortgaged property, the lending institution will require full insurance coverage on the structure. Some developments and subdivisions may also require insurance. The property insurance agents at Gulf Coast Educators Insurance will educate consumers on the different types of insurance that are required and the available optional liability policies.

Carrying homeowners insurance is essential, especially if homeowners have guests, a pool, pets, or a trampoline. When entertaining or having a simple birthday party, if an individual has inadequate property insurance, and a guest gets injured, they could be held liable. The insurance agents at Gulf Coast Educators Insurance highly recommend purchasing a home owners insurance policy to protect personal belongings in case of fire, theft, or vandalism.

“Many renters incorrectly assume their landlord provides residential protection, so having good rental insurance is key to protecting your possessions. We always recommend that residents who live in a multi-family dwelling have renters insurance, which is also known as tenants insurance” explains DeFreitas.

Subsequently, if consumers live in a condominium, it is important to know what their condo association policy covers and what it does not cover. This is due to the fact that a condo association typically offers partial protection and not full condo insurance. Floor, wall and ceiling coverings, appliances, electrical fixtures and many more items are not typically covered by a resident’s condo association policy.

Consumers that reside in a high-risk flood zone are required to have flood insurance. Since 25 percent of all flood insurance claims come from areas with low to moderate risk, it is a good idea to purchase flood insurance even if residents do not live in one of these areas.

“The Property and Home Insurance Florida website is an invaluable resource for consumers. The agents at Gulf Coast Educators Insurance are residential insurance experts who are glad to provide an additional tool to better inform Florida residents,” affirms DeFreitas.

For more Florida property insurance information visit: or call (239) 591-0963 / (941) 391-5423 or e-mail Ron (dot) DeFreitas (at) horacemann (dot) com.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Ron DeFreitas
Follow us on
Visit website


Graphic of a house and dollar sign on a seesawPicture of flooded houses