“Video walls inspire imagination. While static signs remind us of the past, video walls tell us the future is now and deliver the wow factor, whether for a company looking to convey a cutting-edge image or for a retailer elevating its brand."
Singapore (PRWEB) March 04, 2013
According to the digital signage solutions provider, video walls surged in popularity in 2012 and the trend is set to continue in the New Year – but it’s vital that businesses implement a digital signage strategy and have a plan for success.
Video walls are becoming an increasingly powerful tool for businesses to communicate internally to their own staff, but also to market to wider audiences: using the new easy to manage and very adaptable technology, provided by Signbox.
“Video walls inspire imagination. While static signs remind us of the past, video walls tell us the future is now and deliver the wow factor, whether for a company looking to convey a cutting-edge image or for a retailer elevating its brand, “ said Stuart Lakin, Director, Business Development at Signbox.
Signbox Microsystems has provided the following tips for businesses wanting to use new video wall technology:
1. Carefully determine your digital signage needs and goals. Begin by asking yourself some important questions about the video wall’ purpose. Will it be primarily used for branding, advertising, way-finding, or something else? This will have serious implications on your strategy.
2. Content is King! Before you decide what video wall system to purchase, consider what types of content you want to display, and how many images you want to be displayed at one time. Do you need multiple screens?
3. Choose appropriate mounting systems and access for maintenance. It may sound obvious, but it’s easily overlooked, and could result in serious costs as labour is often the most expensive part of any video wall project. Ensure you get the go-ahead from a structural engineer to ensure you existing wall can support a video wall.
4. Reduce heat. Video walls can get very warm, so proper cooling and ventilation are vital. Overheating can ruin your expensive monitors.
5. Use trained professionals for installation and maintenance. Get the job done correctly the first time by working with an experienced digital signage company that can help you install and maintain the hardware. They will also be able to help you locate power sources and data jacks.
“Organisations wanting to use video walls should have a plan for success. Keeping this checklist in mind can help them make the most of their video wall,” said Stuart Lakin.
About Signbox Microsystems Pte Ltd
Signbox Microsystems (http://www.signbox.tv) is an Asian leader in digital signage solutions. By bringing together cutting-edge software and commercial-grade hardware, Signbox unleashes the digital signage opportunities open to corporations and organisations. With Signbox, customers can deploy and manage digital signage networks from the server through to the player --regardless of the number of signage locations or distances between each-- enabling them to communicate and interact with a target audience in real time. Signbox partners with top technology companies such as Intel and IBM and has a long list of blue-chip reference customers. The company was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Singapore.