Facebook was designed for your friends, not for your family. The result is that you may know more about what's going on in the life of your college buddy than your child's day at school. Hubble wants to change that.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Hubble Labs announced today a new mobile app that brings favorite communications tools and social networking into a private platform just for the family. Founded by former executives of Pure Digital Inc. – creators of the popular Flip Video – Hubble delivers a private sharing environment that inspires both parents and kids to stay in close touch and share their myriad, everyday moments. Hubble is available now as a free download in the App Store.
Hubble offers families an effortless way to streamline the daily back-and-forth communications into a “family-only” space that is free of other friends and relationships and inspires both parents and kids to use. Parents have a single hub where every message is displayed. And children are more eager to communicate in this private zone, whether a tween with a first iPod Touch, or a teenager that doesn’t want to friend parents on Facebook. In today’s heavily-scheduled world, a single day’s logistics and coordination can be overwhelming for a family, as parents juggle work schedules, business travel, dinner planning, school drop-offs, sleepovers, and endless activities. Hubble simplifies and streamlines this coordination for families always on-the-go. Hubble aims to bring the family together at the kitchen table, and to replicate that critical connection and conversation throughout the day.
“Facebook was designed for your friends, not for your family. Traditional social networks are too public for the sort of emotional connections found around a dinner table, and for everyday family logistics”, said Andre Neumann-Loreck, co-founder of Hubble Labs. “The result is that you may know more about what’s going on in the life of your college buddy than your child’s day at school. Hubble wants to change that.”
Automatically creating and preserving a singular timeline of special family memories, Hubble extends the practical day-to-day tool into a heartwarming chronicle for years to come. Whether a funny photo that sparks a flood of comments, or the first birthday wish voicemail from a young child, Hubble archives all of the moments and their context. Parents no longer have to worry about losing magical memories that would otherwise get lost.
“As parents ourselves, we wanted to recreate that sense of happiness and fulfillment we get from spending time with our kids. We envision Hubble to be the ‘happy place’ on your phone that makes you smile throughout your busy day,” said Robert Evans, co-founder of Hubble Labs. “When parents or kids see a Hubble alert on their smartphone, they know it is about the people they care most about in the world, and they can pay attention to those updates first.”
Announced today, Hubble is coming out of stealth mode and includes the following features:
- Popular Communications Tools In One Easy App – Family members can privately communicate and share with each other using text messaging, voice messages, photos and location alerts, in a family-only zone.
- A Single Shared ‘Family-Only’ Timeline – Every message and activity from each family member is archived on one shared timeline the whole family can enjoy.
- Hubblegrams For Sharing With Extended Family – Connect your family’s hub, with a relative’s hub, to loop in grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Hubblegrams are designated messages sent as digital postcards from one family to another, all still within a private network.
- Location Alerts Kids Don’t Mind – Built with a kid-friendly approach, Hubble’s location alerts let families announce when they have arrived at their destinations or tag special locations for the family timeline. Hubble gives parents peace-of-mind with automatic alerts for family members at three locations: home, work and school.
- Self-Creating Chronicle of Family Memories – Through Hubble’s family timeline, now the whole family participates in creating a rich family history of the day-to-day, and special memories – not just mom. And the chronicle includes all of the heartwarming context, such as comments on photos or a message from a child that is now grown up, that family members can enjoy for years to come.
About Hubble Labs
Founded in 2012 by executives from Pure Digital Inc., creators of the Flip Video, Hubble Labs launched its Hubble mobile app in March 2013. Built specifically to support the real life dynamics among today’s busy family members, Hubble combines communications and social networking into a private environment just for the family. Hubble seamlessly unifies popular tools including text messaging, voice messages, photos, and location alerts into one, combined timeline only parents and their children can access. A private space that parents and kids are comfortable using, Hubble brings families together more frequently and personally in their daily lives, offering the best way to stay connected during time spent apart. By jointly contributing to a single timeline, Hubble helps families build a self-creating chronicle of special family memories over time. For more information, please visit http://www.hubblelabs.com, follow us on Twitter (@HubbleLabs) or like us on Facebook.