San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Two simple words may have never had such different meanings depending on who you ask – Spring Break. Families envision sand castles, dolphins and Mickey Mouse, while co-eds are dreaming about bikinis, water sports and Jose Cuervo (only those over 21 of course). Since the possibilities are endless, the team at Viator.com – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – has pulled together a selection of activities for both sets, hoping to inspire some family fun and serious buddy and gal-pal bonding.
Family-style Spring Break
For anyone planning a spring break whose kids aren’t co-eds yet, there are many activities available on Viator in dreamy destinations sure to excite the entire family. A quick sampling includes major Orlando theme parks and attractions, dolphin encounters and pirate adventures. (Yes, Captain Jack Sparrow is calling.)
- All things Orlando: Viator offers a vast selection of single and multi-day passes to all major Orlando-based theme parks and attractions including Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Sea World, Legoland, the Kennedy Space Center and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Dolphins are mystical creatures and swim and encounter activities can get the family up close and personal including Cancun Dolphin Royal Swim (8 years and up), Dolphin Experience at the Miami Seaquarium (5 and up), and Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World (all ages, with adult) in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
- Throw on a patch, a sash and maybe some eyeliner and bring the inner pirate to life with exciting pirate-themed excursions like Pirate Day Cruise in British Virgin Islands, Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando Including Pirate Cruise, and the Captain Hook Cruise in Cancun.
“The” Spring Break
It’s a time to get away from the rigors of college life, let loose and have fun with friends and fellow breakers. To make it a trip to remember forever, fill it with thrilling and challenging activities like ziplining, power boat rides and ATV excursions that can safely be shared on Facebook! (And, ok, we threw in a few nightclub ideas too.)
- Fly through the skies along miles of ziplines with Instagram-worthy exhilarating adventures like the Bootleg Canyon Zipline Tour from Las Vegas, the Cancun Extreme Zipline Canopy Tour, the Punta Cana Zipline Canopy Adventure and the Zipline Canopy Eco-Adventure from San Juan.
- Keep up the speed but head out to the beautiful warm waters of your destination during the Jungle Speed Boat Tour from Cancun, Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando with Sea Screamer Boat Ride, and the Exuma Powerboat Adventure in Nassau.
- Get off the beaten path and into the wilds of a destination with exciting off-road tours like the Los Cabos ATV Adventure, the Ocho Rios ATV Safari, the San Juan ATV Adventure Tour and the Mini Baja Buggy Half-Day Tour from Las Vegas (PREVIEW: insider video).
- And, since it is a party after all, Viator has a selection of nightclub passes and experiences to help make the nights more fun including the Miami Party Pass: Unlimited Entry to Top Miami Clubs, VIP Nightclub Tour in Cancun and the All-Access Vegas Nightclub Pass Including Pool Parties.
For more spring break ideas, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.