"From driving new product innovations and delivering dramatic sales growth, RedCloud established a clear leadership position,” said Dave Basil, CEO
Sterling, VA (PRWEB) March 07, 2013
RedCloud, the industry's fastest-growing provider of web-based physical access control systems, today announced strong company performance and customer acquisition amidst numerous operating highlights for its 2012 fiscal year.
RedCloud sales more than doubled for the third consecutive year in 2012, with triple digit growth far exceeding industry averages. The company also greatly expanded its base of enterprise customers seeking to replace legacy systems with RedCloud’s web-based physical access control and open system architecture. The increased collaboration among IT and security departments combined with the convergence of physical and network security continued to drive rapid adoption of the company’s cloud-based solutions that unify identity management and role-based access control.
“In the past year, the market’s increasing recognition of the technical and operational advantages of RedCloud’s open architecture helped us achieve a number of milestones and breakthrough moments,” said Dave Basil, Chief Executive Officer. “From driving new product innovations and delivering dramatic sales growth, to forging strategic relationships and winning key enterprise accounts, RedCloud established a clear leadership position and is well-positioned to seize growing market opportunities where customers are looking for improved security, unified identity management and dramatic cost savings.”
RedCloud’s 2012 performance was marked with significant technical achievements, business milestones and numerous highlights:
- Groundbreaking New Patent - RedCloud was awarded USPTO Patent no. 8,122,497, “Networked Physical Security Access Control System and Method,” that covers foundational RedCloud technology, development and implementation frameworks that allow access control appliances to consistently maintain replicate and share identity, policy and system configuration information among distributed and redundant network appliances. RedCloud’s Convergence Platform and Security Management Software was the industry’s first – and remains the only – web-based, physical access control system (PACS) that synchronizes identities, roles and policies across all peer-to-peer network appliances and door controllers in real-time. This patented approach ensures security settings are always up-to-date with Identity Access Management (IAM) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems and correlates physical and logical security event information throughout the enterprise to form a unified cyber-security response to system alarms, policy alerts and unauthorized activities.
- Innovative Product Development - RedCloud completed development of three major product releases in 2012 that included a new, completely re-designed, web-based interface to enhance the performance, navigation and workflow of our revolutionary access control platform; integration with HID Global’s EasyLobby Visitor Management software; automated reporting capabilities with PDF- or CSV-formatted reports; compliance/governance features for "before-and-after" system audit changes; two-person integrity (TPI) controls to ensure the operator who acknowledges an alarm is not the same operator that clears the alarm; full web browser support for Google Chrome; elevator access control for up to 128 floors role-based alarm routing; video integration with Avigilon’s line of video recording products; single sign-on capabilities using identities stored in Active Directory; optional enforcement of complex/strong password authentication; integration with Life Safety Power’s power supply diagnostics, as well as the Mercury-enabled, Aperio Hub from ASSA ABLOY
- Growing Customer Base - New RedCloud system customer announcements included Austin Recovery Treatment Centers in Texas, Falls Church City Public Schools, FishNet Security, a leading, nationwide provider of information security solutions, and Liberty Schools in Kansas City. Many other new customers came on line in 2012 including one the nation’s top healthcare providers, a government border facility, a prominent chemical manufacturer, numerous colleges, universities, and schools, various high-tech and manufacturing firms, a regional US airport, and a number of multi-tenant management businesses, just to name a few.
- Premier Partners - Numerous strategic agreements were executed with leading market systems integrators in regional markets, such as McKenney’s, and nationally, with players like Red Hawk Fire & Security.
- New Leadership - David Basil was appointed as the CEO of RedCloud. Responsible for RedCloud's strategic direction and overall operations to drive revenue growth and scale the business, bringing more than 20 years of experience in all facets of business operations, including product development, sales, marketing, customer support and international operations.
- New and Expanded Headquarters - Located in a Gold-Level, LEED Certified building in the Atlantic Corporate Park at 45610 Woodland Road in Sterling, Virginia, RedCloud’s new headquarters opened to accommodate current and future staff, while providing cutting-edge laboratory, technology demonstration, inventory, meeting space, and product testing facilities.
- Accolades – Among numerous recognitions, RedCloud selected as the exclusive access control platform for the Global Security Operations (GSO) 2015 technology lab; being among the very best and most deeply integrated business partners of Mercury Security, RedCloud was also recognized for product innovation, industry contributions and customer momentum and named as a Mercury Platinum Partner.
RedCloud is a revolutionary access control solution, engineered from the ground up by IT and security veterans to deliver a new standard in performance, integration and efficiency that can only be achieved through convergence. RedCloud’s patented, web-based, physical and virtual appliance platform leverages an open architecture, integrates identity management and video surveillance and achieves the highest level of scalability with the lowest cost of ownership, making RedCloud the logical choice in access control.