Saving money is not the ‘luck of the Irish.’ It just takes a bit of resourcefulness and the right tools.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) March 12, 2013
This St. Patrick’s Day, Americans will drink at least 48.7 million cases of beer, according to Nielsen. Beer brewers rake in about $245 million, or 1 percent of annual U.S. beer sales, from the holiday, according to IbisWorld. Yet, one doesn’t have to burn through all their greenbacks to enjoy the weekend, says Mark Davidson, CEO of SaveOnBrew.com. There are many great ways to celebrate frugally.
1. Find deals at local bars using the SmartOwl app.
2. Dress up like a leprechaun to encourage people to buy “the little guy” a free beer.
3. Save 25 to 50 percent on food by going out for lunch, rather than dinner.
4. Drink a few Irish car bombs (Guinness with a shot of Jameson) to get more bang for your buck.
5. Get imports like Guinness on sale by checking grocery chains the weekend before St. Patty’s Day.
6. Consider American brands of Irish-style beer – like Killian’s Irish Red Ale, Sam Adam’s Irish Ale, Conway’s Irish Ale, or McSorley’s Irish Pale Ale. These brands are often several dollars cheaper than the imports.
7. Enter a zip code at SaveOnBrew.com to find beers a list of all beers on sale at local retail locations.
“We started SaveOnBrew with the idea that we could save thirsty beer drinkers $100 or more over the course of a year just by pointing out brands on sale each week,” Davidson explains. “Holidays are when people tend to see even bigger savings because people tend to drink larger quantities celebrating all day and buy extra beer for friends. Saving money is not the ‘luck of the Irish.’ It just takes a bit of resourcefulness and the right tools.”
About SaveOnBrew.Com: Founded in 2010 to help thirsty beer drinkers across the United States find the lowest advertised prices for one of the world’s most popular beverages.