This really highlights the importance of proper disposal of household appliances
(PRWEB UK) 19 March 2013
It has been reported in This is Plymouth that gasses inside a fridge freezer are believed to be behind a blaze at a car port. The fire, which took place on the Church Road land, an area used as a dumping ground, took an hour to be brought under control. Firefighters from Plymstock station arrived at the fire shortly after midnight, using two hose reel jets to tackle the flames.
As well as Hounslow plumbers, We Fix Now also offer a number of Gas Safe Registered engineers who specialise in maintaining and repairing gas appliances such as fridge freezers and ovens. The team can also arrange for old appliances to be removed and properly disposed of. Naturally the team were concerned and have issued the following advice in response.
“This really highlights the importance of proper disposal of household appliances. Even after 6 years this freezer was still a significant danger. It is lucky that the car port was not nearer to a residential area, especially as the fire began at night.
“It is really important that people remember to get their appliances checked at least once a year by a fully trained engineer and safely dispose of their unwanted items.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency electricians and plumbing in London and counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.