New York, NY (PRWEB) March 19, 2013
BUMI (Backup My Info!), the premium provider of managed online backup and recovery solutions for small to mid-sized businesses, today announced a major upgrade for its best-of-breed online data backup and recovery solution, powered by Asigra. The new software release adds significant functionality to help organizations streamline their backup and recovery processes, including Virtual Disaster Recovery (VDR) capabilities, NetApp snapshot integration, Salesforce.com data protection, and support for mobile devices.
“Businesses face more challenges than ever when it comes to protecting their data,” said Jennifer Walzer, CEO of BUMI. “Exponential data growth has always been an issue, but on top of that we’re seeing more and more organizations using cloud-based applications, adopting virtualized environments and allowing their end-users to utilize mobile devices as part of BYOD initiatives. Today it’s no longer as simple as backing up a few physical servers to a secure offsite location. The IT landscape for many organizations has become so complex and far-reaching, driving the need for increased assurance that data can be recovered anytime and from anywhere. Our new software release helps companies address these issues in order to better protect their data.”
New features and functionality of BUMI’s premium backup and recovery solution include:
- Greater Monitoring and Control—Improvements to the BUMI NOC, an intuitive Web-based interface that offers real-time visibility and control, give users the ability to view, edit and change their backup settings and notifications.
- Local & Remote VDR (Virtual Disaster Recovery)—VDR helps ensure business continuity for organizations by allowing them to recover from a range of disasters, including complete site failure, in a matter of minutes. The solution allows users to failover both VMware virtual machines and physical machines to an ESX server.
- Increased Support for Mobile Devices—New updates make it easier for users to backup sensitive corporate data residing on mixed devices, such as laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets. BUMI supports all of the market leading operating platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Android.
- Support for Additional Technology Platforms—BUMI’s latest version supports Windows 8® and Windows Server 2012®, Mac OS X® Mountain Lion, MS SQL 2012, VMware 5.1, and Oracle 11g R2.
- Backup and Restore of Salesforce.com’s Enterprise and Unlimited Versions—Organizations using Salesforce.com’s cloud-based CRM application can now effectively protect their SaaS data and exercise greater control over the granularity and frequency of their backups.
- NetApp Snapshot Manager Capabilities—Leveraging NetApp’s snapshot API’s, organizations can quickly and efficiently protect large data sets and obtain a point-in-time copy of their storage hardware.
As a managed solution, the latest version is automatically deployed to customers and is currently available to all new clients signing up for BUMI's online data backup and recovery solution.
For more information on BUMI's products and services, please visit http://www.bumi.com.
Manhattan-based BUMI (Backup My Info!) is a premium managed service provider specializing in online data backup and recovery. Founded in 2002, the company's data backup and recovery service is utilized by more than 500 businesses while its partner program currently boasts over 40 active partners. BUMI clients include professional service organizations such as banking, financial, insurance, accounting, hedge funds and law firms. BUMI has won numerous awards including 2011 Customer Service Provider of the Year and 10 Best Companies to Work For (New York Enterprise Report), 2010 “16 Hot Companies Running Under the Radar” (eWeek), 2010 Windows IT Pro Editors’ Best and Community Choice Awards (Best Backup Software Product). For more information, visit http://www.backupmyinfo.com, call (866) 444- BUMI (2864), or follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/backupmyinfo.