toledo, oh (PRWEB) March 20, 2013
Every day products in the USA are recalled. Many of these products are taken off of the shelves without many incidents, but there are some that have caused serious harm to their consumers. Recently, Attorney Charles Boyk shared his tips for what to do if you have been injured by a recalled product. Here are his tips:
1. First and foremost, if someone believes they were injured by a recalled product, they should stop using the product immediately.
2. Be a proactive consumer. This means that the injured should go to the manufacturer's website to learn if the product has been recalled and stay informed about the product's recall.
3. Check directly with the FDA to see when the product was recalled and why.
4. Contact the manufacturer and file a complaint with them.
5. Make sure that the injury is tended to properly and that a doctor checks out the injury.
6. If the injury is serious and the injured party is still left with many questions, consulting with a lawyer can be a way to gain more information about the next steps to take.