As the pharmaceutical industry in the West is being challenged with austerity and increasing pricing pressure, companies have started looking to diversify their portfolios through emerging markets.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
As the pharmaceutical industry in the West is being challenged with austerity and increasing pricing pressure, companies have started looking to diversify their portfolios through emerging markets. The countries within emerging markets are highly diverse and business models need to be locally tailored to ensure success.
The aim of this webinar is to cover market access related issues in the Asia Pacific region, including Japan and China, representing the world’s second and third largest pharmaceutical markets. South Korea and Taiwan, also major reimbursement markets as well as innovators in biologics and specialty products, will also be discussed.
This session will cover:
Ongoing healthcare reform in China and its implication on access
- Top level regulatory requirement overview
- Market access in China: What are Reimbursement Drug List and Essential Drug List and how are prices set?
- Pricing trends
- Healthcare reform bill and the impact on distribution channels
- How to address the affordability issue?
Pricing trends and price premiums in Japan
- Pricing and access principles
- Reward for innovation
- The utility of health economics
HTA in the APAC region:
- The adaptation of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) in Japan and China
- The impact of HTA on reimbursement, pricing and access in S Korea and Taiwan
For more information about this event or to register, visit: http://xtks.in/ZnKQUb.
Xtalks, powered by Honeycomb Worldwide Inc., is a leading provider of educational webinars to the global Life Sciences community. Every year thousands of industry practitioners turn to Xtalks for access to quality content. Xtalks helps Life Science professionals stay current with industry developments, trends and regulations. Xtalks webinars also provide perspectives on key issues from top industry thought leaders and service providers.
To learn more about Xtalks, visit http://xtalks.com/ContactUs.ashx.
Zayeeta Dasgupta, M.Sc in Life Science and Business Management
1- (416) 977-6555 ext. 260