The agents at Engle, Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services want residents to be aware of their options when it comes to using renewable energy at home. The possible changes that could occur due to the building of the wind farms will be very positive.
Leesburg, VA (PRWEB) March 27, 2013
According to the Richmond Times Dispatch, there are five companies interested in developing wind farms, specifically in the ocean off the coast of North Carolina. The National Renewable Energy Laboratory estimates that the offshore wind potential in this location is the highest on the East Coast, allowing for a huge amount of renewable energy to be created. Although some obstacles remain in making the farms a reality, there are high hopes for its success. So what does this mean for homeowners in the region?
The agents at Engle, Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services want residents to be aware of their options when it comes to using renewable energy at home. The possible changes that could occur due to the building of the wind farms will be very positive. The following suggestions provided by the agency are ways homeowners can take advantage of renewable energy, which may save them money in the long run:
- Install solar panels to help generate electricity for indoor and outdoor lights.
- For homeowners who possess at least one acre of land, along with a high amount of wind flow, they can generate their own electricity using a small wind turbine.
- Other sources of energy-saving technology include investing in a hybrid car, using LED light bulbs, and purchasing energy efficient appliances, such as washing machines and dish washers.
- Before installing any sort of renewable energy device, check with a local utility service for more information.
- A new home can be designed to take advantage of the sun’s rays by being built towards the heat source. This can result in the reduction of energy bills.
- Using solar power to heat water at home, such as in the hot tub or swimming pool, can cut heating costs.
For most people, buying a home is the large investment, and customizing it takes even more time and money. The team at Engle, Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services understands the unique needs of each resident across the region. The tips provided are meant to not only help sustain a greener earth, but also save local residents money. Having the right homeowners insurance can also be an affordable purchase, not to mention a necessity. The goal of the agency is to provide the best coverage options for adequate protection. Give them a call today at 888-680-5463 or fill out the form for more information and free, no-obligation quote.
About Engle, Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services:
Engle, Paxson & Hawthorne Insurance Services is located in Leesburg, Virginia and has been serving the risk management requirements of businesses, families and individuals throughout the community for over a century. The agency is committed to offering full-service insurance solutions that will meet the demands of clients, as well as their budget. The agency is not only able to provide personal and business insurance solutions, but also unique policies as winery insurance, HVAC contractors insurance and even body shop and repair franchise insurance. Its agents are knowledgeable and hard-working, focused on meeting all clients’ requirements and needs. For stellar customer service and a free quote, contact the agency today.