With more free time (no more taxiing them about, or cleaning up after them) many people find themselves moping about.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 28 March 2013
When Paula Wynne’s son left home, it enabled her to realise her dream of becoming an author. Now on the Amazon bestseller list with Create a Successful Website, and new book Pimp My Site, Paula shared with Yourwellness Magazine how a child leaving home could be the best thing for a parent, and the start of a whole new chapter.
According to Paula, “With more free time (no more taxiing them about, or cleaning up after them) many people find themselves moping about, missing their offspring and wondering what to do in their absence. Rather than focusing on the loss of a child’s presence, use that ‘time-hole’ to your advantage.” Paula recommended that parents write out a list of all the things they’ve ever wanted to do, but never had the time for, and set them as new goals for the future.
Paula even gave Yourwellness Magazine a few ideas that can help parents build a new adventure for themselves, just like her new book allowed her to do:
- Travel. Now is the time that parents can go places they’ve never been, even if it’s just in this country.
- Learn. There are many evening classes at local colleges and schools that can help parents broaden their horizons and meet new people.
- Go Green. A new gardening project is the perfect thing to tackle now that you have the time to maintain it.
- Decorate. It’s a grown-ups’ house now, so give it the grown-up look it deserves.
- Do. Whether it’s baking, sewing, juggling or something else, find a new hobby or go back and learn new tricks.
Create a Successful Website, and new book Pimp My Site, are available from major retailers.
Visit the gateway to living well at http://www.yourwellness.com.