The purpose of the competition is to give startups and existing companies exposure, access to capital and a value proposition that distinguishes them in the marketplace.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) March 27, 2013
The Green Chamber is seeking new and existing sustainable businesses to participate in the Great Green Business Search taking place at ASU’s SkySong Scottsdale Innovation Center. Winners will be recognized for their leadership in key sectors of Arizona’s economy.
Green Chamber Chairman of the Board, Michael Grossman, explains, “The purpose of the competition is to give startups and existing companies exposure, access to capital and a value proposition that distinguishes them in the marketplace. By offering cash prizes, access to green consumers, professional investors, mentoring and the opportunity to be given the exposure of being named the Great Green Business of the Year by one of the nation’s largest Green Chambers of Commerce, startup and existing clean and green companies can gain a substantial boost in their notoriety.”
Businesses are invited to enter into one of three tracks:
- Green Business of the Year 2013 Existing Business—Products
- Green Business of the Year 2013 Existing Business—Service
- Green Business of the Year 2013 Startup Business
All categories will be brought together at a one-day showcase on April 25, 2013 at ASU’s SkySong, 1475 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257. Each category will crown a winner as The Green Chamber’s Great Green Businesses of 2013.
Startup contestants will be allowed five minutes to explain to the judges’ panel their unique product or service, the problem they aim to solve and the market they intend to serve. Additionally, entrants in the Startup category will also be allowed to showcase their products, services and ideas next to entrants in the Existing Business, Products and Services Categories at assigned tables outside the presentation area.
Businesses and individuals can participate in a variety of ways:
1. The Pitch Contest. Early stage Arizona companies in the clean/green tech sectors that have raised less than $500,000 in financing may enter the Startup category. Anyone with an interest in Arizona’s green economy can attend.
2. April 25 Showcase. Registered entrants in either the Existing Product and Service categories or Startup contestants can display their technologies or business models at the April 25th event. Entrants in the Product and Service categories will be judged separately from the Startups, based upon a written questionnaire submitted to a judging panel. Anyone with an interest in Arizona’s green economy can attend.
3. Pitch Preparation Program. Early stage Arizona companies in the clean/green tech sectors that have raised less than $500,000 in financing will be entered to receive pitch training prior to the April 25th event.
4. Sponsorship. Sponsor packages are available for Title Sponsor, Panel Sponsor and Luncheon Sponsor.
5. Display Tables. Display tables and lunch for two at the April 25 Showcase are also available for non-contestants and non-Green Chamber members. Any Green Chamber members can purchase a display table for their company, regardless of whether they enter the contest or not at a discounted price.
Prizes for winners include:
- Judges Prize in the Startup Category: $5,000
- Audience Prize for Best Green Business: $2,500
- Commemorative plaque and media exposure in Existing Businesses Category
Application deadline is April 1, 2013.
For more information and to register for The Great Green Business Search, visit http://www.thegreenchamber.org.
Sponsorship inquiries should be addressed to: Michael(at)TheGreenChamber(dot)org or (602)
682-5566. Sponsorship deadline: April 15, 2013
About Green Chamber Greater Phoenix:
The Green Chamber: Greater Phoenix is a non-profit, volunteer organization focused on advancing a sustainable economy. Its mission is to discover, network, and promote green businesses in Arizona by serving as a central portal of information, resources and connectivity. The Green Chamber offers monthly networking and membership events in addition to sponsoring the Great Green Business Search.
For more information about the Green Chamber of Greater Phoenix membership and events, visit http://www.thegreenchamber.org and connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Laura S. Strickland
Phoenix Marketing Associates