New York, NY (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
Willis Group Holdings plc (NYSE: WSH), the global risk advisor and insurance broker, today announced its program for the upcoming Risk & Insurance Management Society’s (RIMS) 2013 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Los Angeles, CA, April 21-24. A key industry event, the RIMS Conference brings together thousands of risk professionals in a unique format for educational, networking and business opportunities.
Willis’ theme for RIMS 2013 is “Being Best Where it Matters Most: A Global Perspective,” to reflect Willis’ deep industry expertise in a range of industries and sectors across the globe.
The Willis Booth (#521) in the exhibition hall will feature a variety of innovative solutions and resources from across Willis’ platform through interactive product demos, published industry reports and thought leadership, including the latest edition of Resilience Magazine. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet with Willis senior leadership and key country managers from Willis’ international network.
Willis subject matter experts representing key industries and segments will also be available, including property, casualty, health care, real estate, construction, professional liability, cyber, terrorism, marine, energy, financial institutions, environmental, human capital, captives, claims advocacy and members of the Willis placement team.
Over a dozen product demonstrations will be held at the Willis Booth. These presentations will feature a variety of recently launched solutions from Willis including Alert: 24, WillisCaptus and WillPLACE; as well as established offerings that have proven effective in the marketplace, including DataWize, PatentWize and PRISM. For a complete list of product demonstrations and descriptions, visit http://www.willis.com/events/rims/booth.html.
RIMS educational sessions will be lead by a variety of Willis experts, including:
- Loss Forecasting for Beginners (FIN100): Steven Sachs, Director Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
- Financial Services Industry (IND114): Tracy Jurusik, FINEX North America, Willis North America
- Healthcare Industry (IND104): James O'Dell, Health Care Practice, Willis North America
- Think Outside the Black Box of Cat Modeling (RMG304): Steven Sachs, Director Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America and David Finnis, National Property Practice Leader, Willis North America
- Casino Industry (IND108): Christian Ryan, Senior Vice President, Willis of Texas
- Real Estate Industry - Current Risk Management Issues and Developing Trends (IND 113): Steven Sachs, Director Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
- Selecting and Working with a Broker (RMG102): Tim Carlson, Senior Vice President, Willis of California
- Up For Sale - Your Company is Being Sold and Your CEO is Being Sued (RMG300): John Connolly, FINEX North America, Willis North America
- Best Practices in International Claims Management (RIMS thought leadership forum): Tanja Maffei, International Practice, Willis North America
- 21st Century Global D&O Programs (RIMS Thought Leader Theater, Booth 1021): Ann Longmore, Executive Vice President, FINEX, Willis North America
- Minding the Gap: Does Your Global Insurance Cover Everyone? (RIMS Thought Leader Theater, Booth 1021) Rick Jensen, International Practice, Willis North America
As an alternative to the exhibition hall, the Willis Hub will be available to RIMS delegates, and will serve as a casual place to meet and network with the Willis team. The Willis Hub is conveniently located in the Platinum Ballroom (2nd floor) of the J.W. Marriott L.A. Live Hotel. The Willis “Big Event,” an open cocktail reception, will be held Monday, April 22, in the Platinum Ballroom, opposite the Willis Hub.
“We are excited to engage with the Risk & Insurance Management Society’s community of risk professionals and showcase Willis’ global platform of solutions,” said Todd Jones, President, Willis North America. “For firms operating in the global economy today, the risk landscape continues to evolve - as new and emerging risks from cyber, social media and reputational risk combine with natural catastrophes and political risk - to highlight how unpredictable the world can be. Willis is committed to delivering bespoke and innovative solutions to ensure our clients have the right protections in place wherever business takes them.”
Willis will be broadcasting its RIMS participation via social media. Visitors can follow coverage via Twitter @WillisGroup and on our blog, WillisWire. For more information on Willis at RIMS, visit http://www.willis.com/events/rims/index.html.
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 17,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world’s leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our website, http://www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience (http://resilience.willis.com), or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire (http://blog.willis.com). Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.
# # #