As an employee-owned company, each team member understands the work and dedication they put forth every day makes a difference to the bottom line as well as to our continued growth.
Tulsa, OK (PRWEB) March 29, 2013
Doug Howell, of Springfield, Mo., and Todd Krauser, of Little Rock, Ark., were promoted to sole board trustees of Metro Appliances & More, equally sharing decisions related to the business of Metro Appliances & More. Scott Tucker of Oklahoma City, Okla., was promoted to vice president of the board and Dennis Boroto, of Little Rock, Ark., was promoted to corporate communications director.
- Doug Howell of Springfield, Mo., has worked for Metro Appliances & More for 26 years. He started his career in the appliance business when he was 13 years old, working in delivery for his father’s appliance store. Originally hired for outside sales and development of new markets in Missouri, he opened the Joplin store in 1989, and then the Springfield store in 1995. In 1998, Howell moved the Springfield store to its current location (3252 N. Glenstone Ave.), with a 20,000 square foot showroom and a 50,000 square foot warehouse.
- Todd Krauser of Little Rock Ark., grew up in the appliance industry. His father was a regional manager for General Electric. Krauser has worked for Metro Appliances & More for 23 years. In 1990 Krauser began working for Metro Appliances & More, in the office and in the warehouse. Later, he moved into the apartment sales division and then into builder sales. He was the opening manager of the Springfield, Mo., location, and then moved back to Little Rock to manage that store in 1995.
- Scott Tucker of Oklahoma City, Okla., began his career with Metro Appliances & More in 1989 as a delivery driver and has worked his way up through the company in sales and then management. Tucker oversees the operations of the Oklahoma City and Edmond, Okla., stores.
- Dennis Boroto, from Little Rock Ark., has been promoted to the newly created position of corporate communications director. Boroto will oversee all aspects of communications for the corporation. Boroto joined Metro Appliances & More at the Little Rock location in March 1997 as a delivery driver. He was promoted through the ranks of inside sales, outside sales, sales management, service management and, most recently, operations manager of the Little Rock location.
Corporate New Hires
Mark Howell and Steve T. Click recently joined the corporate staff of Metro Appliances & More located in Tulsa, Okla., working together to keep the company running efficiently and effectively.
- Mark Howell has joined the Metro Appliances & More team as corporate operations
manager. In this newly created position, Howell is responsible for the daily operations of the corporation along with the timely reporting to the board of directors. Howell retired from the United States Army in 2012 after 31 years of service, along with 67 months serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East. He brings many years of organizational experience gained at the highest levels of the Department of Defense.
- Steve T. Click joined Metro Appliances & More as the corporate controller. In this newly created role, Steve is responsible for the integrity of their financial reporting, developing and enforcing Metro Appliance & More’s financial policies, and ensuring the overall fiscal oversight of the company. Click brings 20 years of finance and accounting experience into this position, joining Metro Appliances & More after serving Emerson Corporation as the plant controller for Emerson Climate Technologies’ largest machining facility in Ava, Mo. Click is a native of Shawnee, Okla., and graduated from Oklahoma Baptist University in 1993 with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting.
Several store locations experienced management promotions:
- Little Rock—Eddie Craven joined Metro Appliances & More in 2003, at the Little Rock store, and worked there until being promoted to Opening Manager of a new location in Jonesboro, Ark., three years ago. He recently moved back to Little Rock’s larger store and is currently managing that location.
- Jonesboro—James Kita was promoted to General Manager of the Jonesboro store, moving to Jonesboro from Little Rock. James started with Metro Appliances & More in 1991 as a warehouse/delivery driver. In 1994 he moved to Springfield to work in sales, warehouse and delivery. Then he returned to Little Rock in 2000 to work in inside sales. In 2008 Kita was promoted to sales manager, overseeing the sales floor and sales team.
- Springfield—Christy Williams has been promoted to general manager. Williams began working for Metro Appliances & More in 1998 as an appliance sales specialist. After seven years in sales, she was promoted to floor manager, inventory manager and, most recently, to project coordinator.
- Wichita—Jon Anderson was promoted to general manager. Jon began with Metro Appliances & More in April of 2001 in the Springdale, Ark., store. He moved to the Joplin, Mo., store in 2003 as General Manager.
- Joplin—Al Johnson was promoted to general manager. He began his career in Southern California working in the management-training program for May Company. He moved to Joplin, Mo., as store manager and later became director of stores. He then worked for Maurice’s for 20 years supervising more than 200 stores and opening over 50 stores per year. Johnson most recently was national sales manager for Stronghold Data before being recruited to work for Metro Appliances & More.
- Oklahoma City—Josh Beale was promoted to general manager of Metro Appliance & More’s Oklahoma City location. Beale received his Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Central Oklahoma and his Masters of Business Administration from Oklahoma City University. Before arriving at Metro Appliances & More in 2006 Beale worked for the Oklahoma State Senate, General Motors, and Bankruptcy Legal Counseling Center. While at Metro Appliances & More, Beale has worked in appliance sales and as a sales manager.
- Tulsa – Ann Howell was promoted to General Manager of the Tulsa location. Howell began her career in the appliance industry with Maytag as a territory representative. She joined the Metro Appliances & More team in August 1995 and worked in sales, sales management, inventory control and purchasing. Howell has Bachelor of Business Administration with emphasis in Marketing from the University of Iowa.
“Metro Appliances & More continues to be a growing, thriving company across the Midwest. We uniquely empowers every employee with opportunities to be promoted through our ranks,” said Judy Bilyeu, Corporate Marketing Director for Metro Appliances & More. “As an employee-owned company, each team member understands the work and dedication they put forth every day makes a difference to the bottom line as well as to our continued growth.”
- Tulsa—In addition to the 10 appliance stores in five states, Metro Appliances & More recently opened its first new concept store in Tulsa, Okla.,: Metro Outdoor Living. The store features outdoor appliances, outdoor furniture, an array of BBQ grills and accessories, along with outdoor kitchen design services provided by store manager, Mark McCoy, a certified kitchen designer.
Employee-owned Metro Appliances & More was originally formed as Metro Builders Supply in 1974 by Nick Stavros of Tulsa, Okla. Stavros began the company selling appliances out of his garage to builders. His vision continues as Metro Appliances & More is now recognized as the largest appliance dealership of its kind in the nation. The company will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2014. For more information visit our websites MetroAppliancesAndMore.com or MetroOutdoorLiving.com.