With the Gemini, SkyeTek now offers an affordable solution to read the Mifare family of tags and other tags based on the ISO 14443A standard...
Denver, CO (PRWEB) April 10, 2013
SkyeTek, Inc., a leading provider of RFID reader modules for OEMs, today announced availability of the Gemini, a Mifare and NFC reader module. The Gemini continues SkyeTek’s tradition of offering high quality and feature rich RFID products in an easy to use package. This is also SkyeTek’s first product targeting the NFC market, which is predicted to grow exponentially in 2013.
“The Gemini is the next evolutionary step in SkyeTek’s HF reader line,” said Dan Frydenlund, CEO of SkyeTek. “As the HF RFID market matures, customers are demanding more specialized products to suit their exact needs, and the Gemini is designed with that in mind. With the Gemini, SkyeTek now offers an affordable solution to read the Mifare family of tags and other tags based on the ISO 14443A standard, without the overhead of supporting many other tag types. We are also incredibly excited to offer an NFC solution. With so much activity and demand for NFC options from new and recurring customers, and our global network of resellers, we are poised to grab a significant portion of this market.”
The Gemini is available for order now. The Gemini is software compatible with SkyeTek’s other Common Blade products, such as the SkyeModule M2 and SkyeModule M9. SkyeTek also plans to release standalone software applications to take advantage of the specific features of the Gemini in the coming months.
Key Features of the Gemini:
- 13.56MHz HF RFID
- Small Footprint: 40x38mm
- Reads and writes to transponders based on ISO14443A
- Cyrpto1 MIFARE Classic authentication
- Wide power supply range: 2 to 5.5V
- Sleep mode current down to 10uA
- Easy migration to and from the SkyeModule M2 and SkyeModule M4
- Supported host interfaces include USB, TTL level RS232, SPI, I2C
- FCC and CE modular certification for hassle free integration
- Reads and writes to other NFC devices based on ISO18092
- Emulates NFC tags based on ISO18092
- 3DES authentication for MIFARE Ultralight C tags
- AES authentication for MIFARE Plus Tags
- Access Control for Secure Areas or Storage Lockers
- Consumable Authentication for Medical Devices
- Peer to Peer Communication
- Brand Loyalty
- Mobile Wallet
For more information, please visit:
About SkyeTek, Inc:
SkyeTek delivers stand-alone and embedded reader solutions that make RFID work easily, reliably, and economically for enterprises and OEMs. SkyeTek offers a complete line of both HF (High Frequency, 13.56 MHz) and UHF (Ultra High Frequency, 860 - 960 MHz) readers that can be used in a multitude of unique applications. Contact Sales today to see how we can make RFID work for your application. SkyeTek is a privately held company headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with sales operations in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.skyetek.com.