Women want to learn from other women.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) April 23, 2013
Professional outdoor angler, Janet Parker, will mentor and educate other women of all ages about boat use, outboard motor basics and overall, on-the-water safety at six locations in the 2013 TESTRIDE™ season. Often intimidated to learn about boats and motors from men, particularly husbands or boyfriends, knowledgeable outdoor women will educate women and prepare them for being a safe and happy boat owner.
The effort is the brainchild of professional bass angler and Bassmaster champion, Janet Parker, Vice President of Liddle Marketing Company. “Women tend to communicate differently, that’s all,” shared Janet. “Women will learn from other women in a relaxed environment and have the opportunity to practice these skills with our supervision. Hopefully attendees will walk away with confidence and saying, ‘I did it and I want to do it again!’” The free W&W-H2O events are sponsored by Ranger Boats, Evinrude Motors, Johnson Outdoor Brands of Minn Kota, Talon, Humminbird and Lakemaster as well as Dobyns Rods.
“I’ve always wanted to be able to take our boat out by myself or with a girlfriend,” shared Jessica, one of the gals that pre-registered for a spot in the first program in Red Wing on Saturday, April 27. “There are so many things to remember and the last thing I want to do is wreck anything.” Women often just need the confidence that comes from hands-on instruction. “What we hear from gals like Jessica, is that they want more independence but they would prefer to learn it from someone other than their husband or boyfriend,” shared George Liddle, President of Liddle Marketing Company. “They want to learn from other women and we’re glad we have knowledgeable anglers like Janet that will teach the program.”
Janet Parker and her outdoor-women entourage will cover things like:
- Towing and backing your boat
- Ramp etiquette
- Launching and trailering your boat
- Reading Humminbird electronics
- How to use a bow-mount Minn Kota trolling motor
- Basic gas and oil maintenance for Evinrude E-TEC motors
- When, how and why we use trim on a motor
- How to back up with confidence using mirrors
- Boating safety
“Women & Water-H2O is a wonderful opportunity for ladies to learn first-hand instructions taught by leading industry women,” shared Krista Heidgerken with Evinrude Outboards. “Our goal at Evinrude is for women and families to enjoy spending more time on the water.”
"This is a great addition to the TESTRIDE program," said Ranger Boats, Vice President of Marketing Bart Schad. "It's the perfect opportunity for families to learn more about boating and boating safety. With Janet’s skill and knowledge, the program will be a lot of fun."
The six dates and locations that will host the W&W-H2O program will be:
- Saturday, April 27 at Cabela’s NWT in Red Wing, Minnesota on Mississippi River
- Saturday, May 4 at Lord Fletcher’s in Spring Park, Minnesota on Lake Minnetonka with MN Bound Crappie Contest
- Saturday, June 15 at Sturges Park in Buffalo, Minnesota with Fishing Klinics for Kids at Buffalo Days
- Saturday, June 22 at Power Lodge’s Open House at Ernie’s on Gull Lake in Brainerd, Minnesota
- Saturday, July 27 at Cabela’s NWT at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin on the Bay of Green Bay
- Saturday-Sunday, August 17-18 at Forrest Wood Cup in Shreveport, Louisiana
See http://www.liddlemarketingcompany.com for complete details. LMC is proud of the TESTRIDE™ partner relationship with the following organizations: Evinrude E-TEC Motors, Ranger Boats, Humminbird Electronics, Minn Kota, Talon, Lakemaster and Dobyns Rods.