Shreveport-Bossier, Louisiana is now home to six new behind-the-scenes and hands-on tours at local attractions.
(PRWEB) May 06, 2015
Shreveport-Bossier, Louisiana is now home to six new behind-the-scenes and hands-on tours at local attractions. The new group tours are one-of-a-kind, memorable experiences and include informative and interactive components that can only be experienced in this destination. The new tours are held at Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, Margaritaville Resort Casino, Red River District, Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center, Shreveport Municipal Auditorium, American Rose Center and a music history driving tour of downtown Shreveport.
Every tour is interactive and will surprise and delight visitors with elements such as taste testing rose food products to walking in the footsteps of music legends like Elvis Presley.
“Our attractions have a sincere desire to make sure groups have a great time while experiencing the musical heritage, riverfront entertainment and mouth-watering cuisine in Shreveport-Bossier,” said Stacy Brown, president for the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau. “These new group tours have been designed to be special, one-of-a-kind experiences that can’t be done anywhere but Shreveport-Bossier, Louisiana.”
Tour prices range from $10 per person to $35. A group tour can book one or several experiences directly with the attraction.
All About the Roses
- Engage your senses and experience the world of roses at the American Rose Center. Learn about the care, cultivation and history of one of the world’s most popular flowers and taste roses in foods such as tea and jelly. Book by contacting Carol Spiers at (318) 938-5402 ext. 223 or carol(at)rose(dot)org.
Backstage Music Tour at Shreveport Municipal Auditorium
- Take a backstage tour of Shreveport’s most iconic performing arts venue. Walk in the footsteps of music legends and stand on the stage where idols like Elvis Presley and James Burton have performed. Book by contacting Teresa Micheels at (318) 429-0628 or tmicheels(at)sbctb(dot)org.
Red River District and Sightseeing Cruise
- Experience Shreveport-Bossier’s history in this all-inclusive tour of the Red River District. Enjoy a cruise of the mighty Red River, discover the city’s famous citizens along the Walk of Stars and enjoy lunch in the Red River District. Book by contacting Marissa Carbine at (318) 673-5100 or marissa.carbine(at)shreveportla(dot)gov.
Science is Fun
- Let Sci-Port: Louisiana’s Science Center engage you in fun experiences that debunk the myth that science is scary and only for students. Taste-test liquid nitrogen ice cream, observe the constellations on the day you were born and experience how a Van de Graaff generator can make your hair stand up straight. Book by contacting Anne Lutz at (318) 424-8697 or alutz(at)sciport(dot)org.
Shreveport Cradle of the Stars Music Tour
- Discover why Shreveport is the center of “The Magic Circle,” and learn about the iconic music legends that began their illustrious careers in the Northwest Louisiana. On this fun journey you’ll visit several important music landmarks. Book by contacting Johnny Wessler at (318) 393-3274 or ShreveportMusicalLegendsTour(at)gmail(dot)com.
The Perfect Pair – Wine and Chocolate Tasting
- Tantalize your taste buds with a unique pairing of wines and fine chocolate in the middle of paradise at Jimmy’s Seafood & Steak at Margaritaville Resort Casino with chocolates provided by the Chocolate Crocodile, a locally-owned shop situated next door at Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets. Book by contacting Ashley Davis at (318) 752-1455 or adavis(at)woodmont(dot)com.
To pair the experience with a hotel stay, contact Erica Howard, group sales manager at the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau at 800-551-8682 ext.104 or ehoward(at)sbctb(dot)org. To learn more about the new group experiences, visit http://www.shreveport-bossier.org/experiences.