SCOTTSDALE, AZ (PRWEB) June 27, 2016
NCPDP announced today the call for proposals for its 2017 Annual Technology & Business Conference, which will be held May 8-10, 2017, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. The deadline to submit a proposal is September 2, 2016. NCPDP’s national conference draws more than 700 attendees from across the healthcare industry, including technical, business and executive representatives from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, retail and independent pharmacies, long-term care providers, healthcare consultants, technology vendors, manufacturers, wholesale drug distributors, database management organizations and others.
NCPDP encourages the submission of proposals covering a broad range of educational, informative healthcare and pharmacy topic areas, such as:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs);
- Compliance, accreditation, government mandates and audits;
- Compounding/specialty pharmacy regulation and trends;
- ePrescribing, ePrescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS), Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA);
- Federal and state controlled substance registries and Medicare; Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs);
- Impact of Unique Device Identifier (UDI), FDA’s Global Unique Device Identifier Database (GUDID);
- Interoperability, EHR connectivity, ONC initiatives;
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services; expanded role of pharmacist;
- Medicare Star Ratings and quantifiable government costs;
- Pharmacy benefit delivery models;
- Real-time benefits inquiry;
- Pharma engagement and perspective;
- Pharmacy Quality Measures;
- Wearables data integration; and
- 340B claims.
Preference will be given to case studies and pilot results. For more topics, information or to submit a proposal, visit: http://ncpdp.org/ac/call-for-proposals-info.aspx.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with approximately 1,500 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 76,000 pharmacies, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than two million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call (480) 477-1000.