The charm of Lehigh Valley is perfect for couples looking for a night out - or two - to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy each other's company over new experiences.
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. (PRWEB) January 31, 2018
Discover Lehigh Valley® the destination marketing organization dedicated to promoting tourism in Pennsylvania's Lehigh and Northampton counties, also known as the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area, welcomes couples in search for romantic getaways to unwind, relax and reconnect in Lehigh Valley this Valentine's Day.
"The charm of Lehigh Valley is perfect for couples looking for a night out - or two - to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy each other's company over new experiences," said Alicia Quinn, strategic brand manager for Discover Lehigh Valley. "Stay overnight at one of the region's bed and breakfasts, indulge in a cheese plate and a bottle of red at a local winery, dine on award-winning cuisine or check out the entertainment at one of Lehigh Valley's performance venues. And, most importantly, relax and enjoy."
Here are several key ingredients to a memorable Valentine's Day trip to Lehigh Valley:
Beautiful, cozy accommodations worthy of a night-in:
- Glasbern Inn - Nestled among rolling hills, this 19th century farm is stunningly beautiful and provides the perfect romantic retreat with a special "Couples Pampering Package" that will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. This package is the ideal mix of rustic luxury lodging, first class pampering, and farm fresh culinary delights. The package includes a three-course chef inspired dinner for two in the main dining room, lodging for two, as well as two, one-hour Swedish massages, chocolate covered strawberries, chilled champagne, and a chef's table breakfast for two.
- Sayre Mansion - Step out of the ordinary and into the gracious hospitality and distinctive 19th century charm of the Sayre Mansion. Originally the home of entrepreneur Robert Sayre, the mansion offers luxury accommodations with the grace and elegance of yesteryear located in Lehigh Valley's historic Bethlehem. Check out the mansion's "Lehigh Valley Wine Lovers Package," which includes a one night stay for two, commemorative wine glasses and a bottle of wine, a tour of the Franklin Hill vineyards, a 10 percent discount on a purchase at the winery or tasting room, and snacks upon check-in.
- Lafayette Inn - With 18 individually decorated and antique filled guest rooms, Lafayette Inn is the perfect blend of a bed and breakfast and fine small hotel. Unwind with your loved one by enjoying suites featuring fireplaces and whirlpool tubs, lingering over a delicious breakfast in the sun room or relaxing on the porch with an afternoon treat.
Fun, unique experiences:
- Sands® Bethlehem - For a faster-paced evening with nightlife, Sands Bethlehem is home to state-of-the-art table games and slots and live entertainment seven nights a week.
- State Theatre Center for the Arts - With over 90 years of eclectic shows, Easton's State Theatre knows how to put on award-winning performances. Originally opening on the BF Keith vaudeville circuit in 1926, today the Theatre continues to present top headliners, national tour Broadway shows, comedy, and concerts.
- Performances at SteelStacks™ - The largest revitalized brownfield in the country, SteelStacks is a hub for arts and culture enthusiasts from those near and far. Located on the grounds you will find the ArtsQuest™ Center, which has numerous events year-round, including comedy shows, concerts, and top-notch movies.
- Lehigh Valley Wine Trail - Become a wine connoisseur while visiting eight family-owned vineyards and wineries along the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail. Sample a collection of award-winning wines made from a variety of grapes, including Lehigh Valley's signature Chambourcin grape. Consider trying the "Love Flights" at Clover Hill Winery complete with a choice of sparkling wine, White Stilton cheese with strawberries and cream paired with Catawba, a decadent Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial served with their fan favorite Turtle Rock Red and a luscious Ice Cabernet Franc.
- Blue Mountain Resort - Celebrating its 40th anniversary, Blue Mountain Resort is home to 164 acres of skiable terrain and boasts the highest vertical drop in Pennsylvania at 1,082 feet. After enjoying Blue Mountain's 39 ski trails, 16 lifts and 39 tubing lanes, stop by the Slopeside Pub & Grill, a full-service mountain-top restaurant.
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort - With over 86 acres of slopes, trails and terrain parks, Bear Creek is perfect for every level of skier thanks to its carpet lift and triple chair, terrain parks, and black diamond trail. With 100 percent snowmaking capabilities, an inviting mountainside lodge, an award-winning spa, and a distinctive resort hotel, Bear Creek Mountain Resort is perfect for the adventurous couple.
Local, award-winning dining and spirits:
- Social Still - A unique combination of restaurant, bar, and distillery, the Social Still offers an experience like no other in Lehigh Valley. As you step inside what once housed a bank, you enter a tasting room unlike any seen before. With soaring ceilings and crisp, clean lines, the decor of the venue blends old-school vibes with contemporary twists.
- Sette Luna - Winner of a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Sette Luna is home to alfresco dining, a private wine cellar and wood-fired pizza. Enjoy the atmosphere and fine dining with your loved one and you'll understand why Sette Luna is a Lehigh Valley staple.
- Folino Estate - Offering fine Italian dining with delicious cuisine, Folino Estate offers the perfect romantic escape. Whether you're enjoying dining on the patio while taking in scenic countryside views or sampling red and white wines while visiting the on-site tasting room, there is plenty to enjoy at Folino Estate.
- Eight Oaks Craft Distillers - Eight Oaks Tasting Room provides a relaxed, farmhouse atmosphere where guests can enjoy artisan spirits and handcrafted cocktails. With all of their grains grown and products crafted on-site, Eight Oaks is a favorite of Lehigh Valley locals. Its guided tour offers visitors a glimpse into the craft distillation process of vodka, gin, rum, and applejack.
For more information on Lehigh Valley's romantic getaway packages, visit http://bit.ly/2rUMFAi or go to DiscoverLehighValley.com for further details about things to do in the area. Follow @LehighValleyPa on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Established in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley® makes Lehigh and Northampton counties a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases the number of visitors, the number of nights they stay and the number of things they do in the region.
Discover Lehigh Valley's official visitor website and blog, DiscoverLehighValley.com and LehighValleyInSite.com keeps locals and visitors abreast of all things happening in region. Visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, brochures and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Discover Lehigh Valley's social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into one of the many visitor centers for additional information.
About Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, Pa. is home to Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs.
The region is steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American and industrial history. Lehigh Valley has an impressive range of tourist attractions including nationally-recognized events like Musikfest, wineries and breweries, the Lehigh Valley Zoo, outdoor activities, world-class sporting events, 10 colleges and universities, and is home to America's favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars and Mack Trucks. The region offers a diverse array of memorable things to do and plenty of dining options to fit every budget and taste.
And, it's easy to get to and around. Lehigh Valley is located approximately 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City by car.