“Our team of professionals has earned more than 247 PLANSPONSOR Best in ClassAwards since 2008,” said Kurt Wedewer, American Trust senior executive vice president and division manager.
DUBUQU, Iowa (PRWEB) May 24, 2018
Each year, PLANSPONSOR® Magazine, a leading authority on retirement issues and benefits programs, conducts a nationwide survey to measure retirement plan providers on the quality of the participant and plan sponsor services they provide. Published in February, 2018, by Strategic Insight, the PLANSPONSOR 2017 Defined Contribution (DC) Survey results incorporated the responses of DC retirement plan sponsors from a broad variety of U.S. industries.
Approximately 50,000 survey questionnaires were sent to DC plan sponsors from the magazine database, as well as to client lists supplied by DC providers; 3,750 total usable responses were received by the close of the survey which asked for data points pertaining to each provider’s assets, number of plans and participants in various plan size and type categories, as well as product and service capabilities including participant education.
A Silver Award of Excellence recipient, American Trust Retirement is proud to be:
- The national number two provider in the Small Market, Plan Assets $5 to $25 Million category, earning 17 Best in Class Awards
- Ranked the national number four provider in the Plan Assets Less Than $5 Million category, earning 10 total Best in Class Awards
- Ranked in the top five providers in the Plan Assets $5 to $25 Million category for plan administration, technology, participant education, sponsor services, and fees and investments
- Ranked in the top five providers in the Plan Assets Less Than $5 Million category for plan administration, technology, and participant education
- Ranked in the top ten providers in the Plan Assets Less Than $5 Million category for sponsor services and investments and fees
“Our team of professionals has earned more than 247 PLANSPONSOR Best in Class Awards since 2008,” said Kurt Wedewer, American Trust senior executive vice president and division manager. “This accomplishment is a tribute to our staff and their relentless efforts on behalf of our clients. It also reflects the tremendous investments we make in technology to achieve a best-in-class participant experience, such as our new interactive online enrollment and education process we call ATFutureBuilder,” he added.
Award-winning American Trust Retirement is unique as a discretionary trustee and therefore is able to assume and manage specific responsibilities of retirement plans. “As a discretionary trustee, we work hard to reduce sponsors’ potential liability for legal and compliance responsibilities, Internal Revenue Service Regulations, ERISA, Department of Labor regulations, and general trust laws,” Wedewer added.
American Trust Retirement is a division of the American Trust and Savings Bank Financial Management Group whose assets under management now exceeds $2.8 billion, and is a subsidiary of ATBancorp, Inc. Headquartered in Iowa, American Trust Retirement has offices in Dubuque, Iowa City, Bettendorf, and West Des Moines. It also offers retirement and wealth management services in San Mateo, California. For more information, visit http://www.americantrustretirement.com.