SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Fingerprint, a leading global provider of kids' digital learning and play content, today announced the addition of 1,500 videos, including popular children's series such as Animal Planet, Stuff Happens with Bill Nye, Care Bears, Inspector Gadget, Sesame Street and Franny's Feet, among others. This strategic move aligns its content offerings with the viewing trends of 61% of children under 12, who according to a 2016 study ( DHX Media/Ipsos) prefer to view video content on tablets. When combined with new learning content from partnerships with Toongoggles, Entertainment One, Tinybop, Oceanhouse Media, Treehouse (a division of Corus Entertainment/Nelvana) and iHeartRadio Family, Fingerprint's library now tops over 4,000 games, books and videos that supports learning from literacy and math to STEM, creativity and more.
"We are creating a powerhouse library that reflects the preferences of families today who are cutting the cord in favor of streaming and mobile options that are more cost effective and as it relates to our business, accessible to young audiences who primarily use digital devices for experiencing their favorite content," said Nancy MacIntyre, co-founder and CEO of Fingerprint. "Our mission has always been to find and share the very best learning content – whether games, books or video – and these additions allow us to deliver even more robust offerings to millions of families through the distribution channels of our business partners."
The company's newly expanded video offering is of particular interest to television licensors who recognize that children today split their time between TV and digital screens. According to Common Sense Media's 2017 Annual Report, while the amount of time children spend on mobile devices has tripled since 2011, screen time overall for children 8 years-old and under is approximately 2 ½ hours per day, almost exactly what it was that same year.
By packaging a variety of games, videos, music and e-books from popular kids brands on their platforms, Fingerprint is giving families the variety they crave and brand partners, licensors and game developers a unique eco-system where they can reach family audiences directly.
Inclusive of the brand and licensing partners announced today, Fingerprint has partnerships with 300 developers in 60 countries around the globe, providing the company with a creative pipeline to meet ongoing market opportunities. A few of Fingerprint's partners and highlights of their content offerings are listed below:
- Discovery Kids: Animal Planet's Most Outrageous, Chasing Nature, Science of the Movies, Stuff Happens with Bill Nye
- Lionsgate: Care Bears, Inspector Gadget, Arthur, Strawberry Shortcake, Leapfrog Letter Factory
- Sesame Workshop: Play With Me Sesame
- Corus Entertainment / Nelvana's Treehouse: Franklin, Anatole and Pecola from Canada's #1 television network for preschoolers
- Toongoggles: Popular web series including Om Nom Stories Around the World, Eddie is a Yeti, Story Bots and Food Science, among others
- Entertainment One: Several apps featuring Peppa Pig, the popular character beloved by children around the world
- Tinybop: STEM & creativity apps including Simple Machines, The Earth, and The Weather, that encourage open-ended play with vibrant illustrations and innovative animation
- iHeartRadio's iHeartRadio Family: Radio Disney and North Pole Radio, with popular characters like Dora the Explorer, Austin & Ally and Elmo
- Oceanhouse Media: A variety of e-books that support kid's literacy including Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, The Cat in the Hat and Oh! The Places You'll Go!, among others
About Fingerprint, Inc.
Fingerprint is a leading global provider of digital content for kids and families. The San Francisco-based mobile technology company creates custom kids' learning platforms and curates content for customers around the world. Industry leaders in technology, edutainment, broadcast and more license Fingerprint's technology platform and use their content solutions to serve up customized branded mobile networks that help them better connect with mobile families in a kid-safe and meaningful way. Fingerprint is funded by leading media and technology investors including Corus Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, Reed Elsevier Ventures, Trinity Capital Investment and GSV. For more information, visit fingerprintplay.com or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay.
Assets for this announcement can be downloaded here (Press Kit)
Media Contact: Michelle Schroder, Zebra Partners, 310-402-9333, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com