Ferndale, WA (Vocus) June 24, 2009
The American Filtration & Separations Society is hosting its 4th Bi-Annual Emissions Solutions in Transportation Conference in Ann Arbor, MI, October 5-8, 2009. The technical conference begins on Tuesday, October 6th, with short courses on Monday, October 5th .
Short Courses targeted at transportation issues are:
- Advanced Engine Filtration: The course will provide practical information on all of the critical engine filtration systems, including air, crankcase ventilation, fuel, lube and emission control subsystems.
- Advanced Topics in Filter Testing - Engine Emissions & Particle Counting: This course will provide practical information on testing associated with emissions control. It covers both the measurement of combustion byproducts, e.g., exhaust and crankcase emissions, and with maintaining the integrity of the fuel injection system required to meet emission regulations.
Short Course for those individuals who seek to understand filtration principles are:
- Basic Liquid Filtration and Separations: Attendees will learn the overall spectrum of solid/liquid separation. They will gain the basic understanding of the principles behind liquid filtration so they can determine what type of filter will meet their requirements. There is an overview of the various competing technologies.
- Basic Gas/Air Filtration & Separation: Attendees will learn the overall spectrum of solid/gas separation. They will gain the basic understanding of the principles behind gas filtration so they can determine what type of filter will meet their requirements. There is an overview of the various competing technologies.
- Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membranes: In these two half-day courses, attendees will learn in-depth knowledge of the various types of microporous membranes including: Strengths and Weaknesses, Performance Characteristics, Integrity Testing, Retention Efficiency, Ratings and Comparisons. Attendees will learn to differentiate between microporous, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, and reverse osmosis membranes. These courses provides an in-depth study of the microfiltration and ultrafiltration membranes typically used in the Pharmaceutical, Microelectronic, Food and Beverage, Water and Waste Water, Chemical, Laboratory, and Medical Markets.
For information on the conference go to:
For information on the short courses go to:
AFS is the premier organization in North America dedicated to R&D, problem solutions and technology transfer in filtration and separation for the benefit of industrial processes, individual health and a clean environment.
The AFS conferences and events bring together the industry leaders, presenting the greatest opportunity to meet and hear the newest information in filtration and separation technology.
Over the past two years over 300 organizations have sent representatives to AFS events. These companies understand the value of employees with knowledge of the latest information in filtration and separation technology.
American Filtration and Separations Society
7608 Emerson Ave S
Richfield, MN 55423
# # #