Driving at night comes hand in hand with a slightly decreased ability to see, but if you notice you have a drastic issue with either glare or depth perception you should consider an eye exam and specifically advise the ophthalmologist of the issue.
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus) October 21, 2009
Auto Glass Guru urges all drivers to consider the issues specific to night time driving. The reflective quality of glass means that drivers have to be aware of changes to their perception when driving after dark. The main problem is the glare from other vehicle's headlights as they hit the windshield and rear window of your vehicle. Auto Glass Guru urges drivers to be aware of simple tips to increase their safety on the road at night.
5 Tips for Safe Night Time Driving from Auto Glass Guru:
1. Keep your auto glass clean. Glares are increased dramatically by a dirty windshield, etc.
2. Keep your headlights clean (inside and out). Obviously…dirty headlights will decrease the amount of light output therefore decreasing your ability to see while driving at night.
3. Keep interior lights off while driving at night; they can create additional glares and serve as a distraction to the driver.
4. Try not to look directly into the headlights of oncoming traffic.
5. If your vehicle comes equipped with a rearview mirror day/night driving feature…take advantage of its benefits.
Safety on the road decreases at night. There is no way to get around the fact that drivers can see more during the daylight hours. But a few simple adjustments to night time driving habits can drastically increase your vehicle's safety on the road…even if it is dark.
Auto Glass Guru's Jace Green suggested, "Driving at night comes hand in hand with a slightly decreased ability to see, but if you notice you have a drastic issue with either glare or depth perception you should consider an eye exam and specifically advise the ophthalmologist of the issue."
For further information on Auto Glass Guru, auto glass replacement, or general information on the auto glass industry get in touch with Jace Green at jace(at)autoglassguru(dot)com or by phone at 1-888-588-7603. Or you can visit Auto Glass Guru online at http://www.autoglassguru.com.
Contact: Jace Green
Company: Auto Glass Guru