Filling the open vanity shelves with matching decorative pieces instead of stuffing them with towels will add to the style of the bathroom and contribute to the décor.
(PRWEB) September 01, 2012
HomeThangs.com – the Home Improvement Super Store has made their goal to deliver the right product to the consumer, with that in mind, shopping and home design tips, as well as special product selections are being introduced.
With a huge selection of bathroom vanities available, it might be overwhelming for a consumer to find the right one. A selection of open shelf bathroom vanities along with decorating tips has been introduced by HomeThangs to help the consumers find the type of the vanity they are looking for and get the most out of it.
1. Open shelf design works especially well with an antique or period-inspired decor. Dark Cherry Antique Vanity from Legion Furniture, for example, - its dark cherry finish and delicate woodwork are all old world elegance, perfect for a truly decadent style. One could put some rolled up towels in those open shelves, but filling these shelves with beautiful antique glass bottles, delicate vases, decorative soaps, or even vintage style powder room accessories would add to the style of the bathroom instead of just clogging the space. Ellsworth in Warm Cherry bathroom vanity by Cole and Co offers similar style, but more antiqued finish.
2. Adding period appropriate accessories to a vanity like the Antique Parchment Vanity from Belle Foret will help lend authenticity to the decor. Especially if going all out with the antique style, getting the details right is really important. For this vanity, for example, something a little more delicate and feminine to go with the antiqued parchment finish would look great, whereas the cherry wood of the other vanity would work well with more masculine accessories, like a vintage shaving set for example.
3. The vanity itself doesn’t have to be over-the-top antique for this look to work. In fact, while the Vermont bathroom vanity from Avanity retains a similar shape and structure to the other two, it’s a very pared down version without any of the intricate woodwork found on the others. This is a great way to bring the impression of decadence into a more contemporary bathroom. If it isn’t the whole parlor-style period-inspired bathroom, a more transitional bathroom vanity like this is a great way to even the playing field. Opt to decorate with nice toiletries in pretty maybe-antique-maybe-just-chic bottles for an elegant display.
4. Modern bathroom vanities are often designed to serve much the same purpose – though obviously with a much different design. The staggered shelves on the Cruz bathroom vanity from JSG Oceana are anything but practical for daily use, but they have just a slight museum style flair that makes them perfect for enhancing any modern decor. Small decorative figurines, especially interesting geometric shapes with a glossy finish would look great on those open shelves.
5. It’s important to make the distinction between shelves that are practical and ones that are purely for display. The shelves on the Oxford vanity from Avanity for example, are just about tall enough to house a bottle of hotel shampoo or a 3 oz. travel container, way too small to serve any practical purpose. Short of stashing some creatively folded washcloths, the shelves on this vanity aren’t good for anything BUT display.
6. The open shelves on the Vineta bathroom vanity from JSG Oceana, on the other hand, are the perfect shape for stuffing spare, rolled up towels or creating a Brady Bunch style display case with four sections sheltered sections on top of the closed cabinet – perfect for displaying small breakables.
When shopping for a bathroom vanity, it is important to consider whether or not all of the open shelves are usable. If not, one should know whether the storage space is needed, or if buying a vanity with space one can’t use for something practical will give permission to have fun playing with the décor.
HomeThangs.com is not only a home improvement superstore, it also provides expert design tips and a comprehensive shopping guide, taking the ideas from professional interior designers, and offering tips to the consumers on how to pick the products to best suit their needs.