"Our goal is to inspire everyone on the planet who loves Batman to embody his spirit, engage with the world, and make a difference."
- Producer/Director Brett Culp
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) March 14, 2013
Since its debut 3 weeks ago, the Trailer for the independent documentary film "Legends of the Knight" has over 100,000 views on YouTube: http://youtu.be/sf_7IsvXV-U.
More than 800 supporters have financially contributed to make the film possible. The funding campaign on Kickstarter met its initial goal of $31,850 within 48 hours.
“Batman has become contemporary mythology,” producer/director Brett Culp said. “We want to show how enduring stories like this shape us. Our goal is to inspire everyone on the planet who loves Batman to embody his spirit, engage with the world, and make a difference. Together, we are Batman.”
Culp is a life-long Batman fan. Over the past year, he and his team have filmed stories in 12 cities, recording 48 interviews. They captured the stories of individuals whose love of the Dark Knight has inspired them to overcome devastating obstacles, to motivate and encourage young people, and to contribute to their communities.
Well-known Batfans who appear in the film include:
- Michael Uslan - executive producer of "Batman", "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight", and "The Dark Knight Rises"
- Denny O'Neil - legendary Batman writer
- Lenny B Robinson - visits children's hospitals around the country as Batman
- Jill Pantozzi (The Nerdy Bird) – Superhero journalist with the spirit of the Caped Crusader
- Rabbi Cary Friedman - author, "Wisdom from the Batcave"
- Dr. Travis Langley - author, "Batman & Psychology"; teacher of university course in psychology called "Batman"
- Gotham Chopra - co-author, "Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes"; son of best-selling author Deepak Chopra
“Human beings have always been stirred to greatness by the tales of heroes,” Culp said. “We connect with Batman because he is the super hero with no super powers. Just as he has committed himself to making the world better, we can dedicate ourselves to a noble cause and make a difference. This type of inspiration is a core function of storytelling in society.”
The production team for "Legends of the Knight" is currently raising funds through Kickstarter to finish the film. The 30-day funding campaign gives supporters of the project the opportunity to pre-order copies of the finished film and other incentives as a way of funding this documentary project.
LINK to Kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brettculp/legends-of-the-knight
In the spirit of Batman, all revenues generated by the completed film that are beyond production, screening, distribution, and administrative costs will be donated to charitable organizations.
Release date will be Summer 2013.
Official website: http://www.WEareBATMAN.com
# # #
Producer/director Brett Culp is available for a limited number of interviews. For scheduling, contact email@example.com
A collection of images from the film can be downloaded here: http://www.brettculp.com/legends/images.zip