Destin, FL (PRWEB) October 18, 2011
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, voted #1 on Florida’s beautiful north Gulf Coast, today announced its annual Christmas on the Coast events, plus new attractions and activities for the season.
The holiday season is a magical time of year and Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Florida makes it even more memorable. Here are 20 top reasons why this popular resort is a top choice for the holiday season for people of all ages.
1. Talk to Santa at Sandestin for free via Skype on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 - 5 p.m. Santa will do personal Skype calls with children and families, and will talk about their upcoming trip to Sandestin. Simply call him at Skype location name, SandestinResort. For complete days and details, see http://www.sandestin.com/holiday.
2. Get a personal visit from Santa. Yes, with Sandestin’s novel Santa Tuck-In program, guests can receive a visit from Santa, a special gift and a bedtime story in their Destin vacation rentals. Proceeds go to Toys for Tots. Email santa(at)sandestin(dot)com for details and times.
3. Enjoy a feast at the resort’s Thanksgiving Day Brunch on November 24 from 10 - 3 p.m. Email thanksgivingbrunch(at)sandestin(dot)com for reservations.
4. Guests will shop till they drop! Nearby Silver Sands Factory Stores, the largest designer outlet center, will again have great after holiday sales and even its Midnight Madness event, where stores open at midnight after Thanksgiving.
5. See the larger than life “Santa’s Workshop” Gingerbread House and Display in the Grand Sandestin lobby from November 24 through January 3.
6. Be “cool” at the Village of Baytowne Wharf’s ice skating rink beginning November 1. It’s the largest Florida outdoor ice skating rink of its kind in Northwest Florida.
7. Be enlightened by the Village’s 12 Night of Lights December light show every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 6 - 8 p.m.
8. Watch a holiday movie under the stars at the Village Events Plaza on November 25 at 7 p.m.
9. See Santa’s official arrival and the Village Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 26 at 6 p.m.
10. Listen to holiday tunes at the Village’s Wednesday Night Concert Series at 6 p.m. each Wednesday in December.
11. Be a part of the Holiday Lantern Parade or be a spectator and marvel at the amazing creations on December 17.
12. Swing into action with complimentary guest tennis on one of the resort’s 15 courts. Or, schedule a lesson at this facility which was rated among the top three in the country for tennis instruction.
13. Have a ball at one of Sandestin’s four championship Destin, Florida golf courses. Support a good cause at the resort’s Tee Off for Toys event on December 10 - 11. On these days, receive free golf with the donation of a new toy or gift card with a $15 or greater value. Call 850-267-8155 for details.
14. Be a part of a “Sail Gate” party at the resort’s Marina Bar and Grill, during evening NFL and college football games. Also enjoy many additional casual to fine dining options at the Village of Baytowne Wharf.
15. Enjoy the pedal power of complimentary bike rentals – four free hours each day for Sandestin guests.
16. For extra fun, trade snow shovels for sand shovels on Sandestin’s sugar white sand beach.
17. Take a well deserved break at the Sandestin Day Spa, with a relaxing hot stone massage, customized facial or a mani/pedi for that special look for the holidays.
18. Walk on water and rent a YOLO stand up paddleboard in the Gulf or in the Bay. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary kayak or canoe rentals with a Sandestin stay.
19. Select from deluxe accommodations that will fit any size or style – ranging from studios to four bedroom villas with views of the water or golf courses.
20. Make the New Year Count. Enjoy the very festive activities at the special Baytowne Countdown and New Year’s Eve Celebration on December 31.
Special Holiday Deals
Need even more reasons to escape for the holidays? Sandestin is making it easy to get away this holiday with a variety of options and deals for individuals and families. Special Christmas on the Coast rate specials include: a FREE night with the purchase of two (Code: FREE3); special weekly rates for families wanting to escape the cold and enjoy the resort for a week during the long school break (Code: WEEKLY); and HOT dates and rates (Code: HOT) for guests that are flexible and want last minute deals, based on availability.
For complete details on accommodations and events, visit http://www.sandestin.com or call 1-866-91-BEACH.
About Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort was named the #1 resort on Florida’s Emerald Coast. The resort invites guests to a world of 2,400 acres and 30 charming neighborhoods featuring 1,400 vacation rentals, condominiums, villas, town homes and the best in Destin hotel accommodations. As a member of Visit South Walton, the resort features more than seven miles of beaches and pristine bay front, four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, a 98-slip marina, a fitness center and spa, meeting space and The Village of Baytowne Wharf, a pedestrian village with shopping, dining and nightlife.
The Destin area was recently named one of the Most Beautiful Places by ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America.” Sandestin was also recognized as one of the top 12 golf communities in the country by Forbes.com.