These products will help seniors stay independent, active and healthy - notifying caregivers in the case of an issue and tracking users’ locations in real time, along with providing fall detection capability and GPS tracking.
OTTAWA, Ontario (PRWEB) October 15, 2018
Ottawa’s FCi and Bruyère are proud to announce an exciting new private public partnership and the launch of Red Dot Alerts (formerly Bruyère Helpline).
The partnership allows Red Dot Alerts to introduce new independent-living technology while extending its reach through Bruyère’s Helpline Emergency Service. Red Dot Alerts provides 24/7 emergency connection, protection & notification services for seniors who are housebound, mobile but managing chronic illnesses and those dealing with memory care issues.
“These products will help seniors stay independent, active and healthy - notifying caregivers in the case of an issue and tracking users’ locations in real time, along with providing fall detection capability and GPS tracking,” said Steve Burton, Red Dot VP of Business Development.
Red Dot Alerts’ features include:
- At-Home - emergency response service that works within 300m of the home with monitoring and fall detection capability that uses a landline
- On-the-Go - mobile solution that provides a fully featured set of options for seniors that works anywhere there is cell coverage.
- It provides two-way communication to a bilingual monitoring station, fall detection, GPS tracking, automatically notifies family and caregivers and you can create safe zones for those who wander or have dementia
- A fully-integrated managed service
- Memory Care Solution – a GPS SafeSole shoe insole that uses GPS tracking technology to create predetermined zones that will notify a caregiver/family if the location is breached (AKA Geofencing).
By deploying Red Dot Alerts’ personal alert solution technology with Bruyère Helpline’s extensive network of clients, Red Dot Alerts will be able to enhance the product through tangible research results, and introduce new, innovative technologies to help the growing aging population and its caregivers. A portion of proceeds from Red Dot Alerts subscription sales will support research and go back into Bruyère.
About Red Dot Alerts: Red Dot Alerts knows how important it is to keep your loved ones safe. As a continuation of Bruyère Helpline, we offer top of the line personal alert solutions that are easy to use and will give you complete peace of mind. To learn more about the company, visit its website http://www.reddotalerts.ca or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
About Bruyère: As one of the largest academic health care centres of its kind in Canada, Bruyère plays a key role in addressing the health care needs of the vulnerable and medically complex in the Champlain region, offering complex continuing care, rehabilitation, palliative care, long-term care and affordable housing for older adults. We facilitate the transition between acute care settings and the community. We strive for excellence and innovation through patient-centred teaching, education and health services research. Our Bruyère Foundation works tirelessly to raise funds that help change the lives of our region’s aging population. To learn more about Bruyère, please visit http://www.Bruyere.org.