Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 14, 2013
There are a number of technologies that may be deployed that all provide the ability for devices to "discover" one another, although over different distances ranging from centimeters (Near Field Communications), to meters (Bluetooth), to 10s of meters (Wi-Fi). They also all provide the ability for the devices to communicate directly with one another without a centralized network. Some of these use direct communication as their primary mode of communication e.g. NFC or RFID. Others are more traditional networks which provide direct communication ability as an adjunct to their primary network functions e.g. LTE-Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
This research uncovers opportunities that will be both beneficial and disruptive to the existing ecosystem and value chain. This research is must reading for any company that is considering offering within proximity and direct communications and any company that wants to stay ahead of the crowd in terms of preparation for these disruptive technologies.
- Mobile network operators
- Industry verticals of all types
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Network infrastructure companies
- Advertising agencies, brands, and merchants
- Social networks, advertising, and content providers
- Proximity, location, and direct communications vendors
Key Report Benefits:
- Market forecasts for each significant technology/solution approach
- Recognize the upcoming role and importance of LTE Direct compared to other solutions
- Analysis of the major vendors focused on proximity and direct communications solutions
- Understand the relationship between proximity, direct communications and the Internet of Things
- Understand the technical and business-related differences between proximity/presence and location
- Identify each of the major technologies/solutions for proximity detection, location determination, and direct communications
- Evaluation of the market for major applications including public safety, social networking, advertising, the Internet of Things, and general location services
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=226130.
- 3M Company
- Verizon Wireless
End-to-End M2M, Sixth Edition (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/139190-.html) - This latest version of comprehensive M2M research includes:
- Analysis of M2M in the Cloud
- Global M2M solutions market analysis
- Global M2M market forecasts through 2020
- Analysis of many current and emerging M2M applications across various industry verticals
- M2M strategies for mobile network operators including AT&T, China Mobile, KPN, SingTel, Sprint, Telefonica, Verizon, and Vodafone
The Market for Services and Devices in the LTE-D and Wearable Wireless Post Smartphone/Tablet Era (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/214523-the-market-for-services-and-devices-in-the-lte-d-and-wearable-wireless-post-smartphone-tablet-era.html)
The world of wireless is moving beyond the notion of personal communications meaning only a phone. Smartphones are already so much more than a communications device as they facilitate many non-voice applications, content, and commerce. Global Wireless Research (GWR) research predicts that the Smartphone Era will end once several new technologies are in place commercial, which include ubiquitous 4G/LTE (and faster) data speed, wearable wireless devices, peer-to-peer communication/signaling (via LTE Direct, WiFi Direct and others), and Augmented Reality.
This research analyzes each of these technologies anticipated impact on the wireless business ecosystem and their convergence to transform mobile service usage from smartphones to a future of wearable wireless, personal device/public device convergence, and all of the anticipated new use case scenarios associated with this evolution. These new scenarios include many new services in the areas of public safety, communications, commerce, and content that stretch beyond existing mobile network service paradigms.
Near Field Communication (NFC) Market to 2016 - Increased Availability of NFC Embedded Handsets Key for Higher Market Penetration (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/149839-near-field-communication-nfc-market-to-2016-increased-availability-of-nfc-embedded-handsets-key-for-higher-market-penetration.html)
NFC-based mobile handsets can also be used for peer to peer communication, to download data from smart posters and for use as virtual identity cards. Research expects the NFC market to grow at a CAGR of 68.8% from 2011–2016. Among the different form factors available for NFC IC integration, the report expects the SIM-based model and the handset embedded model to gain the most market share in the future.
The report also discusses the NFC ecosystem and its partners, and the different business models that could be potentially deployed.
Internet of Things (IoT) & Machine-To-Machine (M2M) Communication Market (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/190929-internet-of-things-iot-machine-to-machine-m2m-communication-market-forecasts.html)
IoT & M2M communication market in 2011 was worth $44.0 billion, and is expected to grow $290.0 billion by 2017. It is expected to have an increasing CAGR of 30.1% from 2012 to 2017. Europe, APAC, and North America regions are emerging market, whereas in Latin America and Middle East & Africa regions considered a high growth in the markets. In 2011, Europe accounted for about 30.0% of the global revenue, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.4% from 2012 to 2017. APAC and North America are estimated to contribute $92.8 billion and $56.3 billion, respectively, by 2017; at a CAGR of 33.2% and 28.3%, from 2012 to 2017.
Explore more reports on IT & Telecommunication Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/information-technology/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets.