DigitalSports has been a wonderful outlet for providing positive exposure to all of our student athletes
Ewing, NJ (Vocus) November 1, 2010
Today, DigitalSports, the first destination for all youth sports coverage and information, announced the launch of its new Web site for the 2010–2011 school sports season. The new site allows users to create their own multimedia content and publish it on a national Web site. In addition, through LeagueMinder®, its patented, Web-based athletic management platform, DigitalSports continues to enable athletic directors, coaches and statisticians to schedule events, maintain rosters, manage game and athlete information, and post it seamlessly to the DigitalSports Web site through one synchronized platform.
“DigitalSports has been a wonderful outlet for providing positive exposure to all of our student athletes,” said Alfonso Smith, Head Basketball Coach, Mount Vernon High School in Virginia. “It is largely responsible for keeping our communities excited and informed about our high school athletic programs and has even acted as our own local version of ESPN. I have seen a newfound excitement from students who look forward to logging in to the Web site and checking the status of their teams and rivals. I’d recommend every coach across the country use this as a tool to promote the positive things their student-athletes accomplish.”
Enhancements to the DigitalSports National Web site include:
- DS Reporter™: Encourages the development of sports writing and reporting through the inclusion of motivating, instructional resources and provides writers with a platform to publish their articles, videos and photos.
- The DS National Calendar™, powered by iSEEK™: Allows users to search and update times, dates, locations and results of all youth sporting events across the United States and Canada.
- The DS National Rankings™, powered by iSEEK™: The only high school sports ranking system to consider a multitude of criteria to provide users with a balanced, insightful and predictive view of team performance.
- DS Mobile Reporter™: The first high school sports application that enables users to instantly upload rich multimedia content, as well as post live game coverage, right from the stands.
- DS Booster™: Enables subscribers to authorize and manage their contributors and community-generated content regarding their athletes, teams and programs. Additionally, DS Booster enables users to raise funds and coordinate advertising with community businesses.
- SwingMan media distribution channel: Enables athletic directors to automatically share game scores and statistics, via text and/or e-mail, with media outlets, parents and interested parties, saving time and resulting in accuracy of information.
- ChalkBoard™: DigitalSports’ real-time messaging notification enables coaches to instantly communicate important information through the DigitalSports Web site, improving communication between coaches, athletes and the community.
According to John Fallon, Vice President of DigitalSports, “We are thrilled to bring the new DigitalSports Web site to the great schools, athletes and fans around the country. For more than a decade, we have been the premiere sports scheduling, reporting and management system. Now, we’re excited to be the first in the nation to provide users with the best resources for sports writing and reporting and a means to manage their own content within a national platform. We firmly believe that we are fostering the next generation of sports journalists through their experience with DigitalSports.”
A pioneer in delivering Software as a Service (SaaS), Vantage Learning provides accountability solutions for student achievement and school improvement. Among our solutions is DigitalSports®, the destination for the most accurate and up-to-date youth sports information on the Web. DigitalSports provides students, parents, athletic administrators and fans with the tools to promote and research the achievement of student athletes through the facilitation of community-generated content. In doing so, DigitalSports strengthens the bond between local communities and their schools. http://digitalsports.com/