“We’ve always given busy professionals the ability meet in their browser in seconds, now we allow them to collaborate even without launching a browser or scheduling a meeting,” said DD Ganguly, CEO and co-founder of Dimdim. “Imagine I’m speaking to my te
Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 23, 2010
Dimdim, continuing its mission to democratize real-time, rich media collaboration today unveiled its latest innovation: Dimdim myScreen™ the easiest way to share your screen with anyone, anywhere. One of dozens of new features in Dimdim 5.5 - released today - myScreen is an optional plug-in which lets you share your screen with one click directly from your desktop. Guests simply enter your permanent, Smart URL in their browser to instantly view your screen with no software required. Using myScreen, users can pause or play their desktop and seamlessly switch to a full Dimdim meeting room complete with voice, video, chat and more.
"We've always given busy professionals the ability meet in their browser in seconds, now we allow them to collaborate even without launching a browser or scheduling a meeting," said DD Ganguly, CEO and co-founder of Dimdim. "Imagine I'm speaking to my team on the phone and I need to show everyone an Excel spreadsheet I'm working on. I simply click myScreen and tell my team to go to my.dimdim.com/ganguly - in seconds everyone can see my screen. We've already made collaborating online as free and easy as visiting a website - now we've enabled meetings beyond the browser!"
As users have come to expect, Dimdim 5.5 runs within most modern Mac, PC and Linux web browsers, making it easy to attend, host and even record web meetings with no additional software required. Hundreds of tweaks, bug fixes and performance enhancements make Version 5.5 up to 500% faster - meetings start instantly.
Other enhancements include:
- Smart URLs. Now there is no need to remember long and difficult meeting URLs that change from event to event. Anyone can join your live meetings and events via your permanent, Smart URL. If no meeting is running, the link points to your profile page where guests can register for future public events or wait for your meeting to start.
- Public Profile page. Each account automatically creates its own profile page that publicizes upcoming public meetings and enables event registration. Private meetings (any meeting secured with a meeting key) are not publicized on your profile page.
- Revenue generation. Now every Dimdim customer can earn money simply by holding meetings or by referring their colleagues and friends to sign up at Dimdim.com.
- Browser-based. Click a URL and you are in a web meeting in less than 8 seconds. With Dimdim nothing needs to be installed to attend, host, even record a Dimdim session - you simply meet in a browser.
- Mashable. Instantly embed Dimdim widgets and recordings on your site or mashup your favorite web content like YouTube videos, Flickr photos and PollDaddy polls into a live Dimdim meeting.
- More affordable. Dimdim Pro only costs $25 per month for 50 participants while WebEx costs $50 per month for 25 participants. And only Dimdim provides a totally free version with some features - like video and whiteboards - that aren't available at any price from GoToMeeting.
Dimdim, the easy, open and affordable web conference lets anyone host or attend live online meetings, demos and webinars using just a web browser - no additional software required. The optional Dimdim myScreen™ plug-in lets anyone share their screen in seconds even without launching a browser or scheduling a meeting. While face-to-face meetings used to be the only way to collaborate, Dimdim is now The Best Way to Work to save money, time and travel. Used by more than 5 million people and businesses worldwide, Dimdim provides multiple free and commercial on-premise and cloud-based solutions capable of supporting thousands of participants per meeting and is backed by the original investors in Skype, Hotmail, and MySQL and is found in Lowell, Mass., offices around the world and at Dimdim.