NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 19, 2018
For the fifth consecutive year, the house band of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, The Meltones, won the annual Law Rocks NYC battle of the bands, Thursday, Nov. 8 at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City. Now in its sixth year (fifth in New York City), Law Rocks promotes music education for underprivileged youth and raises money for local nonprofit organizations.
With Greenberg Traurig’s support, The Meltones raised more than $40,000 in donations for The Child Center of NY, a nonprofit dedicated to providing children, teens, and adults in under-served communities with educational resources, counseling, and family services. Kristen J. Lonergan, a real estate shareholder in the New York office, serves on the organization’s board.
The winning band was selected based on sponsorship dollars raised and ticket sales, donations raised, judges’ score, and audience choice. The event raised $213,241 in total, which was a record for Law Rocks. Greenberg Traurig was a sponsor of the event.
The Meltones include:
- On guitar – New York Managing Shareholder Stephen L. Rabinowitz, Miami Real Estate Shareholder Burt Bruton, and Philadelphia Health Care & FDA Shareholder Mark L. Mattioli
- On keyboard - Albany Government Law & Policy Shareholder Christopher A. Cernik
- On trombone - Amsterdam Corporate Shareholder Thédoor Melchers
- On vocals - New York Litigation Associate Ashley LeBlanc, Practice Development Coordinator Tracy Newirth, and Business Director of the Atlanta office, Tony Hatchett
- On saxophone - Special guest Rick Rourke
The Meltones, named after a firm founder, Mel Greenberg, has been the Greenberg Traurig “house band” since the mid-1980s.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2018 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com; Twitter: @GT_Law.