Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) November 30, 2009
The Challenges of Leadership from Harvard Graduate School of Design Executive Education is specifically designed for executives in real estate, architecture, planning, and related building industries. This intensive executive program tackles issues of leadership in practice and within organizations, and challenges participants to develop the vision, influence, self-discipline, and motivation required of successful leaders.
The Challenges of Leadership is scheduled on February 2-5, 2010 at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
Led by Harvard faculty and industry leaders, the four-day program covers the following topics:
- Defining your values and putting them to work
- Building a strategic vision
- Leading a firm in a declining economy
- Managing talent
- Finding the time to lead
- Effecting leadership succession within your organization
By program’s end, participants will have created a customized leadership development plan based on their self-assessment, course learning, peer review, and their own priorities for success.
This year The Challenges of Leadership’s roster of instructors includes:
- Julie Benezet, Business Growth Consulting, LLC
- Tom Curley, The Associated Press
- Anne Drapeau, Center for Leading Organizations
- Edward Feiner, FAIA, Perkins+Will
- Robert M. Galford, Center for Leading Organizations
- Richard W. Jennings, FAIA, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- A. Eugene Kohn, FAIA, RIBA, JIA, Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC
- Mohsen Mostafavi, dean, Harvard Graduate School of Design
The Challenges of Leadership is registered with the AIA (American Institute of Architects) Continuing Education System. Participants who complete the four-day program will earn 30 AIA learning units.
Complete program and registration information can be found at: http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/professional/exec_ed/programs/leadership
About the Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design
The Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) is the foremost provider of Executive Education programs for architects, planners, and real estate and building industry professionals. Harvard GSD Executive Education offers an extensive menu of programs that covers topics in design and real estate as well as customized programs that can be tailored to an organization’s or firm’s specific learning needs. Drawing upon the unparalleled resources of Harvard University, GSD Executive Education programs are led by renowned faculty from the GSD, the Business School, the Law School, and the Kennedy School of Government, as well as eminent practitioners and scholars from across the country and around the world. For more information, visit http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu