Longwood, FL (PRWEB) August 09, 2011
With proper HVAC service, air conditioners typically last 10 years. To help consumers in need of new, more energy efficient units prepare for the hot summer months, Sears Home Services offers 18-month interest-free financing (when paid within the first 18 months) for new HVAC installations. Interest will be charged to the customer’s account from the date of purchase if not paid in full within 18 months or they make a late payment. See details below. Most units are backed by the manufacturers’ 10-year HVAC warranty.
Sears Home Services carries a variety of HVAC brands, including Carrier® and the Kenmore® brand. Most air conditioners and heating systems are ENERGY STAR® rated and can save consumers from 10 to 30 percent on their energy bills.
When selecting a new air conditioning unit, there are several energy-related considerations to factor into the purchase decision:
1. Select the appropriately sized unit. Customers tend to request larger systems that cool too quickly, leaving the room feeling clammy. Smaller systems take longer to reach the desired temperature, but do a better job of controlling humidity.
2. Check for leaks in the home's duct work joints, as well as around windows, doors, attic stairs, exhaust pipes, recessed lights and electric outlets, Ongoing maintenance of central air systems is necessary to prevent air loss.
3. The use of an ENERGY STAR programmable thermostat will help maintain a more consistent temperature, preventing the system from working overtime to compensate for extreme heat or cold.
4. Using a pleated media filter in the air conditioner's return-air grills helps remove particles as small as mold spores that are often sucked back into the machine's blower. This allows for cleaner coils and improved air quality.
5. Follow the manufacturer's maintenance recommendations to help prevent air loss.
6. Check with the utility company to see if it offers free diagnostic testing or rebates for high-efficiency AC systems, insulation, solar screens or weather-stripping.
For more information about a new HVAC purchase and special financing terms, visit http://www.searshomeservices.com/central-heating-air/improve.
About Sears Home Services
Sears Home Services is a division of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), the nation’s fourth largest broadline retailer with more than 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. As the nation’s largest provider of homes services, Sears Home Services provides more than 11 million service calls annually. For more information, visit the website at http://www.searshomeservices.com.
IMPORTANT DEFERRED INTEREST DETAILS
Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period or if you make a late payment. With credit approval, for qualifying purchases made on a Sears card (Sears Commercial One® accounts excluded) Sears Home Improvement Account (sm) valid on installed sales only. Offer is only valid for consumer accounts in good standing and is subject to change without notice. May not be combined with any other promotional offer.
As of 7/5/2011, APR for purchases: Variable 7.24%-27.24% or non-variable 14.00%-29.99%. Minimum interest charge: up to $2. An Annual Membership Fee of up to $59 may apply. See card agreement for details. Sears cards are issued by Citibank, N.A.. Sears Solutions cards are issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A