Nobody likes to talk about mites, but it is an important conversation that every family in Houston should have in order to maintain a certain quality of living within your home
Houston, TX (PRWEB) March 07, 2013
New Houston based mite removal service is offering people of the area tips on how to protect their homes, families, and pets from mite infestation this upcoming spring. The location of Houston alone is cause for concern for homeowners when it comes to mites. These tiny creatures thrive in temperatures 70 degrees or above, with a humidity hovering between 75-80% which are averages for springtime in Houston.
There are many types of mite infestation in Houston, some pose no threat to humans like a Clover Mite. Some mites can cause an allergic reaction that could be potentially deadly in humans like a Dust Mite. Then there other types of mites like Bird Mites or Scabies Mites that are parasitic and actually use mammals like humans or family pets as hosts.
“Nobody likes to talk about mites, but it is an important conversation that every family in Houston should have in order to maintain a certain quality of living within your home,” says owner Calvin Thigpen.
In order to protect homes in the Houston area bug experts Texas Bugs-R-Us has announced these simple to follow instructions on how to prevent your home, family, and pets from mite infestation for not only this spring but the years to follow:
- Take showers after long periods of time outdoors.
- Give your pet’s weekly baths.
- Replace carpet with wood flooring when possible. Mites nest in carpeting, get them on the run by destroying their home.
- Mites thrive in temperatures 70 degrees and above, keep your thermostat below 70 degrees.
- Use a dehumidifier in any damp regions of the household especially in bathrooms and basements. If possible it is best to keep the humidity in your house below 50%.
- Have your air ducts professionally cleaned.
- Use of furnace and air HVAC filters.
- Annual carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- Vacuum regularly.
- Use Dustmite-proof fitted sheets, which help prevent the accumulation of dead skin that mites feed off of.
- Wash bed sheets and pillow cases in hot water weekly, the hot water will loosen the grip the mites have with the fabric.
- Any fabric that is too delicate to be washed in hot water can be put in the freezer for two minutes for the same effect.
- Have your house inspected annually by a Houston professional pest management company.
About Texas Bugs-R-Us:
Texas Bugs-R-Us is a family-owned and operated business, is now serving the Houston area. The management staff and service personnel are knowledgeable and informed about the latest pest control techniques, and regularly attend continuing education courses to make sure that we offer the best products on the market.Texas Bugs-R-Us uses Integrated Pest Management solutions with non-toxic and environmentally friendly products to protect your family, pets, and property.
Texas Bugs-R-us is licensed and insured, and maintains professional affiliations with Termidor, the National Pest Management Association, QualityPro, and is GreenPro certified.