"It is the actionable insights that I get and can take back to my job and apply immediately that make this event so valuable." Sharia Benn, Penn National Insurance
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) July 31, 2019
The Society of Insurance Research (SIR) will hold their 49th Annual Conference on October 20th – 22nd at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel in Charlotte, NC. Insurance professionals seeking to advance their business and profession through cutting edge research are invited and encouraged to attend.
The theme for this year’s event is “Reimagining Research to Recognize Emerging Insurance Industry Trends”. The dawn of a new era of research and intelligence is upon us. As carriers and startups create new insurance models to address an evolving marketplace it is more critical than ever to leverage cutting edge methods and tools to stay ahead of the competition. Sharia Benn from Penn National Insurance stated, “It is the actionable insights that I get and can take back to my job and apply immediately that make this event so valuable”.
General session topics and speakers participating in this years’ event include:
- Research Renaissance: Rewriting the Rules of Insurance Research in an Era of Innovation, Disruption and Ambiguity, Robert Hartwig, PH.D., Darla Moore School of Business University of South Carolina and Former President, Insurance Information Institute
- Primary SIR Research: Exploring the Research and Insights Function in the Insurance Industry, Presented by Brian Kiley, Sr Research Analyst at West Bend Mutual, Patrice Nolan Sr Vice President Research Services at Competiscan, and Amy Rey, Executive Vice President at Zeldis Research
- The Imminent Disruption and Rebirth of Decision Intelligence and Insights Discipline, Nan Bulger, Executive Director of the Ticani Institute and SAIMAH, Former CEO of Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) association
- You've Got the Data. How Do You Make it Work for You?, Kyle Schmidt, Managing Director, Global Insurance Intelligence, J.D. Power
- Innovation & Its Impact on Insurance and Ratings, Sridhar Manyem, Director, Industry Research and Analytics at AM Best
- The Sacrifice Line: Making Tradeoffs - in Research and in Life, David Kalinowski, President and Co-founder of Proactive Worldwide, Inc
- Panel Discussion: After Five Years of InsurTech, are Insurance Companies Better Off?, Mark Herowitz, Deloitte; Bobbie Shrivastav, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer Benekiva; Thomas Frank, Market Intelligence Analyst, Erie Insurance, and more
- Emerging Issues - From a Product Developer's Perspective, Billy Mauro, Senior Director, Commercial Casualty Coverage Products, Verisk and Jason Dun, Vice President, Strategic Products Development Manager, Munich Re America
- The End of Insurance as We Know It, Rob Galbraith, Director of Innovation at AF Group and author of “The End of Insurance as We Know It”
On day 1, concurrent sessions feature Commercial Lines, Personal Lines and Health and Life Insurance topics. On day 2, concurrent sessions feature Consumer Experience/Consumer Insights, Research Function/Competitive Intelligence, and Data Analytics/Innovation.
Top 5 reasons to attend this conference:
1. The theme is compelling, relevant and timely!
2. SIR is a carrier-led association that serves insurance research professionals!
3. No speed dating! SIR is small enough to develop real, lasting professional relationships.
4. SIR exhibitors are best in class and provide relevant solutions to advance your business!
5. This is not a fly-by-night event! It’s SIR’s 49th conference and you won’t want to miss it!
About the Society of Insurance Research (SIR)
The Society of Insurance Research was founded in 1970 to provide a forum for the free exchange of ideas in all areas of insurance research. The Society includes representation from many different organizations; insurance and non-insurance companies, government agencies, institutions of higher education, and trade associations. The individual Members come from equally divergent areas such as market/consumer research, competitive/market intelligence, product management/development/innovation, actuarial, agency, claims, strategic planning, education, marketing and sales, modeling, reinsurance, risk management, statistical research and underwriting.