SOMERSET, N.J. (PRWEB) September 20, 2018
Catalent Pharma Solutions, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced that it will be co-hosting a workshop with BASF Corporation entitled “Revolutionary Then, Relevant Today: Lipid-Based Drug Delivery in Modern Pharmaceutical Development,”. The one-day event is to be held at the Hilton Boston Back Bay hotel, Boston, Massachusetts, on Tuesday, Sept. 25.
The workshop will include scientific presentations from both academic and industry experts. Attendees will develop a better understanding of excipients, lipid-based drug delivery system (LBDDS) formulation development, and softgel technology, to help them overcome development challenges and advance their drug molecules into a drug product.
The presentation topics include:
- “Early Phase Screening Approach for Lipid Formulations” by Giang (Ellie) Au, Ph.D., Scientist, Product Development, Catalent Pharma Solutions.
- “Utilizing Crystallization Inhibition to Maximize Drug Bioavailability” by Shaukat Ali, Ph.D., BASF Corporation.
- “Mechanistic Studies and Modeling to Predict the Impact of Lipids on Oral Absorption” by Rebecca Carrier, Ph.D., Northeastern University.
- “Bioavailability and Beyond: Innovations in Softgel Formulation and Manufacturing to Advance More Molecules” by Mr. Stephen Tindal, Catalent Pharma Solutions.
- “Enabling Functional and Modified Drug Release Profiles from Softgel Formulations” by Ashish Joshi, Ph.D., BASF Corporation.
To arrange a meeting with any of the attending Catalent executives at the event, contact Richard Kerns at NEPR - firstname.lastname@example.org
About BASF Corporation
BASF creates chemistry for a sustainable future offering intelligent solutions to the pharmaceutical industry. With expertise in polymer chemistry, R&D-capabilities and commitment to developing excipients, BASF creates solutions for Instant & Modified Release, Solubilization, Softgels, Skin-Delivery and Biologics. BASF is also a leading supplier of selected APIs including ibuprofen and omega-3. For more information, visit http://www.pharma.basf.com.
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With 85 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs over 11,000 people, including over 1,800 scientists, at more than 30 facilities across five continents, and in fiscal 2018 generated approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit http://www.catalent.com.
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™